Red Hat is hiring FRESHERS for Software Engineer profile
The Red Hat storage engineering team is seeking a software engineer who is passionate about software development and open source solutions.
The storage engineering team is responsible for developing network protocols that access our distributed file system.
We need an expert in client or server architectures and algorithm development to produce enhancements and new functionality for our storage software.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must, because you’ll interact with a global team of fellow engineers, employees, and community members to contribute to a variety of Red Hat storage solutions.
Company Name: Red Hat
Position: Software Engineer
Education: Bachelors Degree
Primary job responsibilities
1. Design, develop, and debug the storage file system
2. Build and assemble prototypes as required with assistance from senior engineers
3. Deliver high-quality products that are extensible and scalable within a specified timeline
4. Participate in and contribute to code reviews
5. Identify product requirements and potential improvements
6. Participate in the complete software development life cycle from requirement gathering to deployment of the product
7. Conduct system analysis, development, and review and repair legacy code
8. Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems
9. Debug and resolve field issues
10. Document code consistently throughout the development process
11. Review changes in code or environment that will affect system performance
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or another technical degree; relevant experience is preferred
2. Extensive working knowledge of C, C++, and Makefiles
3. Excellent data structures and algorithm skills
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing technologies that solve business problems. We’re a billion dollar S&P 500 company offering solutions from Linux to middleware, storage to cloud, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services.
How to Apply: