Company Name: Shipping Corporation of India Limited (SCI)
Education:B.E, B.Tech, B.Sc
Details of Post :
Applications are invited from Unmarried Male and Female Indian Nationals possessing educational qualifications and age, as prescribed below, for selection as Junior-Engineer for six months Shipboard Training.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: Four Year Degree in Marine-Engineering (B.E. in Marine-Engineering /B.Tech. in Marine-Engineering /B.Sc. in Marine Engineering) from Directorate General of Shipping (DG), OR AICTE Approved Engineering College.
Candidates with sailing experience as Junior-Engineer will not be eligible for Shipboard Training. Only fresh pass out candidates can apply. Lateral entry Candidates only with Diploma in Marine-Engineering and then completing BE/B.Tech/BS in Marine-Engineering are eligible for this training
AGE LIMIT: Maximum 28 years as on 01.04.2014. Candidate must born on or after 02.04.1986. For SC/ST candidate, on or after 02.04.1981.
THE SELECTION OF CANDIDATE IS ONLY FOR ONE TIME SHIPBOARD TRAINING AND THE SHIPPING CORPORATION OF INDIA DO NOT HAVE OBLIGATION OR DO NOT GUARANTEE FOR ANY FURTHER EMPLOYMENT OR EXTENSION OF SHIP BOARD TRAINING.
A consolidated Stipend of Rs.15, 000 /-(Rs. Fifteen Thousand Only) per month or pro rata is payable to the shortlisted candidates during training period.
APPLICATION FEES: Rs.1000/- for General (UR) and OBC candidate’s and Rs.500/- for SC & ST candidate’s, excluding NEFT bank charges.
Candidates may check the details on below ULR for more information about NEFT:
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applications will be accepted online only from 10.03.2014 to 24.03.2014. Candidates have to logon on www.shipindia.com for the important instruction for filling the online application are:- a. Eligible candidates have to apply online only. It is mandatory that the candidates should have a valid e-mail id and mobile number while applying in order to facilitate faster communication. All future communications and correspondence will be through emails and our official website only.
- Before filling application on-line candidates must deposit application fees in the prescribed bank and obtain NEFT UTR NUMBER from the respective bank. The details like Amount of fees deposited, NEFT UTR number, Bank Name, Branch and Date of deposit need to enter in Application Form.
- Detailed instructions for filling the application form will be given under the “General Instructions”. Candidates should read all instructions before filling application form carefully.
- Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria and norms mentioned in this advertisement.
- On saving on line application with registration number candidates has to download the printout of application form. Candidates are required, to paste the recent passport size photo in the space indicated, put his/her signature in the place and send the same application form along with the ATTESTED PHOTOCOPIES BY GAZZETED OFFICER ONLY of enclosures like P,CDC, INDOS NO, SSC/HSC Passing Certificate for birth proof, All semester mark sheets, Degree Certificate, Caste certificate, Caste Validity Certificate, MEO CL IV Part A (Exn-45 Certificate) OR certificate issued by respective institute indicating that candidate has successfully completed shore base pre sea training, Yellow fever vaccination certificate, Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), STCW Familiarization courses, endorsements and STSDSD.
- The application form with all attached documents to reach only by Ordinary-Post/Courier/ /Speed-Post/Registered-Post (No Hand delivery will be acceptable) to the following address super scribing the envelop as “Application for Junior-Engineer” and addressed to: Senior Vice President, Flee Personnel Dept. Third Floor. The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd. Shipping House. 245, Madam Cama Road. Nariman point. Mumbai 400 021, Maharashtra, India, on or before 04.04.2014 by 1700hrs.
- To prevent postal delay and/ or loss kindly ensure that the application is sent to the address given above only before due date and time. Applications received after due date and time and other than by Ordinary-Post/Courier/Speed-Post/Registered-Post (No Hand delivery will be acceptable) any delay at Candidates or at Post Office end, The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd. is NOT responsible. Filling of multiple applications ill result in cancellation of all application.
- Applications received after due date and time and other than by OrdinaryPost/Courier/Speed-Post/Registered-Post (No Hand delivery will be acceptable).
- Any delay at Candidates or at Post Office end The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd. is NOT responsible.
Important dates to remember :
- Date of commencement of On-line Application. 10.03.2014 from 10: 00 hrs.
- Last date of submission of the On-line Application by the Candidates. 24.03.2014 up to 17: 00 hrs.
- Last date of receipt of Application at our office. 04.04.2014 by 17:00 hrs.
- Date of Written-Examination. 27.04.2014 (Sunday), 2014.
How to Apply: