Company Name: Shipping Corporation of India (SCI)
Position: Engine Room Petty Officers
Education: Diploma (Mech Engg)/NTC
Details of Post :
Engine Room Petty Officers
Recruitment of Engine Room Petty Officers (Fitter) on Direct Contract
Employment on board SCI’s Own and Managed Vessels.
The following are the qualifications required for the ERPOs
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from recognized polytechnic or National Trade Certificate in the trade of Fitter or Diesel/Motor Mechanic or Machinist issued by National Council of Training in Vocational Trade, Ministry of Labour, Government of India (NCTVT) or by the Industrial Training Institute of State Government (ITI) OR
- Two years Trade Apprentice certificate from Government approved Shipyard in the trade of Fitter or Diesel/Motor Mechanic or Machinist.
- Candidates should be proficient in the following: a. Welding and Gas Cutting. b. Fabrication and proficiency in fitting. c. Lathe, drill and other machine operation. d. Ship related maintenance work. e. Handling and understanding the logistics of machine and tools used on board. f. Preference will be given to the candidates, who have worked and sailed on ships for six months or more as mechanical fitter.
- Must be in possession of valid Indian CDC, Passport, Pan Card, INDOS No., Yellow Fever Vaccination & PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) with at least one year validity.
- Must have completed all required STCW courses from DG approved institutes alongwith STSDSD course.
- Must have technical qualifications as mentioned above.
- Must be medically fit for sea service as per present medical rules.
- Age limit for new recruitment is 40 years subject to medical fitness.
- Age limit for SC/ST/OBC candidates will be 45 years.
- Must be in possession of all required valid certificates for the rank.
Wages: The consolidated Gross Wages for a Foreign Going Vessel will be Rs.41884/- per month @ Rs.1377/- per day (approximately) including overtime of 120 hours less tax as per Income Tax Rules.
- On selection day at given time all applicants to muster/gather at our 3rd floor FP Section, Shipping House, Madame, Cama Road, Nariman Point, Mumbai – 400 021 at 1100 hrs.
- After verification of all documents and selection procedure (Interviews), if found ok then Petty Officer will be sent for medical examination. After medical examination, medically fit Petty Officer will be allotted to our various fleet vessels and subsequently posted on the vessels subject to completion of formalities (i.e. verification of documents, port formalities etc.)
Date of Interview: 30th January 2014 at 1100 am onwards
Note: For further enquiry regarding above recruitment, you may contact Shri Parsa Ram (DGM-FPE) +91 22 2277 2075 OR Shri S Chakraborty (GM-FPE) +91 22 2277 2077
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 30/01/2014
How to Apply: