Company Name: Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
Experience:15 years experience preferred
Details of Post :
Necessary details on this assignment are provided below.
ABOUT THE PSIG PROGRAMME:
- Poorest States Inclusive Growth Project (PSIG) is one of the first private sector projects supported by the UKAid from the Department for International Development (DFID) and is being implemented by SIDBI. The programme aims to enhance the income and employment opportunities of poor women and men in 8 low income States by enabling them to participate and benefit from wider economic growth in India. The purpose of the programme is to improve income, and reduce vulnerability, of poor people and small producers, by expanding their access to finance.
- PSIG has two separate, interlinked components viz. Component 1 – Financial Inclusion and women’s empowerment and Component 2 – Impact Investments.
- Under the Component 1 – Financial Inclusion and women’s empowerment: The programme (duration of 6 years) shall improve access for poor men and women to a variety of financial services in the 4 low income states (Bihar, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh); will facilitate improving the policy environment for microfinance and will empower women in terms of improved financial literacy, legal entitlements and other gender related issues.
- PSIG is expected to leverage private sector financial and technical resources to reach up to 12 million direct and indirect beneficiaries
CONTRACTUAL STATUS AND DURATION: The position will be a contractual position with SIDBI for period upto March 31, 2017 subject to annual review and continuation of the Programme by DFID..
- Masters Degree in relevant discipline such as social sciences etc. preferred
- Excellent understanding of patterns of gender, poverty, vulnerability and exclusion across the identified states
- Demonstrated technical expertise in designing, implementing, supervising, similar Gender programmes (15 years experience preferred). Experience in PSIG states is preferred.
- Experience of working in Gender programmes supported by DFID/Other donor agencies is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to carrying out tasks on time and under deadline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Hindi, and ability to communicate in both languages;
- Ability to produce high-quality technical documents as well as presentations and project reports.
- Retired personnel’s from PSU, Banks and Government having similar experience may also apply for the position.
- Candidates may also apply for the position on deputation through proper channel.
HOW TO APPLY: You may download the Job Application Form, and send the filled application or your resume as an attachment by email not later than April 21, 2014 through email at email@example.com. Alternatively you can post the resume, super scribing the position applied to the following address.
Ground Floor, Videocon Tower,
E-1, Rani Jhansi Road,
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : April 21, 2014
How to Apply: