Company Name: Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
Position: Assistant Epigraphist /Scientific Assistant
Education:Master’s Degree, B.Sc
Details of Post :
Assistant Epigraphist /Scientific Assistant:
Name of the Post & Department : ASSISTANT EPIGRAPHIST (DRAVIDIAN INSCRIPTIONS) in ASI, M/o Culture:
- Vacancy: 01-UR (The post is identified suitable for OH candidates)
- Pay Scale : Rs.9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/- (General Central Service, Group ‘B, Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial)
- Age Limit :Upto 30 years. (Relaxable for Government Servants up to five years in accordance with the instructions or order issued by the Central Government)
- Qualification:Master’s Degree in Tamil/Malayalam/Telugu/Kannada with Ancient Indian History as a subject at Bachelor’s degree level from a recognised university or equivalent; or Master’s Degree in History with Ancient Indian History as a subject and Tamil/Malayalam/Telugu/Kannada as one of the subjects at Bachelor’s degree level from a recognised university or equivalent. Post graduate Diploma in Archaeology / Epigraphy from the Institute of Archaeology, Archaeological Survey of India or from a recognised university or equivalent.
- JR : Collecting, listing, cataloguing, indexing and deciphering of inscriptions, edicts and manuscripts. Assisting his superior officers in all matters connecting with collecting, listing, indexing and deciphering, repairing and publication of inscriptions, coins and manuscripts. Taking measures for the safe custody and transportation of estampages etc Performing such supervisory duties as assigned by the superior officers. Participation in all other academic activities connected with archaeology and contributory research paper. Any other work relating to his office / Branch and his job assigned by Superior Officers.
Name of the post & Department : SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT In the Directorate of Plant Protection Quarantine and Storage.
- Vacancy : 03 – UR, 2 –SC (The post is identified not suitable for PH candidates)
- Pay Scale :Rs.5200-20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.2800/- (General Central Service, Group – C, Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial)
- Age limit 18-25 Years. (Relaxable by 5 years for SC, and upto 40 years for Departmental candidates and Central Govt. Servants)
- Qualification: B.Sc., with Botany or Zoology OR B.Sc., in Agriculture.
- JR : FIELD DUTIES: To assist in conducting surveys to monitor insect pests, diseases and weeds situation of various crops in the fields. To assist in popularising integrated Pest Management techniques at farmers’ field for the benefit of farmers. To assist in conserving and augmenting natural enemies for the biological control of crop pests, diseases and weeds. To assist in Training Programmes in IPM including biocontrol to state officers and farmers. To assist in collection and maintaining information about insect pests, diseases and weeds situation including the methods of their control and plant protection equipments.To assist in organisation and development of all kinds of plant protection work and to perform other duties in accordance with the official order of the superiors or controlling officersTo assist installation and operation of light pheromone sticking traps etc. for monitoring of insect pests.
LABORATORY DUTIES:To assist in mass rearing of host insects, parasites, redators, insect pathogens and phytophagous insects under laboratory conditions on natural and artificial diets.To assist in collection, pinning, setting and labelling of insect and herbarium specimens.
DUTIES AT PLANT QUARANTINE STATIONS: To carry out and assist in the inspection of plants and plant material meant for export as also the consignments of plant and plant materials received from abroadTo fumigate, treat and assist in fumigation and treatment of plants and plant materials imported from abroad if such treatment becomes necessary on examination of the imported
DUTIES AT LOCUST WARNING OFFICES:To conduct Desert Locust Survey in Schedule Desert Areas (SDA)To assist in prevention of upsurge / invasion of Desert Locust in India through prompt control operations. To take part in Indo-Pak Border meetings for exchange of locust situation information between two countries as and when arranged. To associate in training organised for the Farmers, State functionaries and locust staff on latest locust control technologies.To advise state functionaries, BSF Personnel, Panchayati Raj Institutions during survey to inform the nearest LWO office, if any locust activity was reported in their areas for further needful action. 6. To assist Senior Officers in arranging International/National meetings/conferences.To assist seniors in preparing the various technical as well as financial reports. To assist seniors in performing any other day to day activities assigned from time to time.
DUTIES AT FIELD STATION INVESTIGATION ON LOCUST: Toassist in conduct of research on bio-efficacy of pesticides and bio-pesticides for locust control.To conduct locust and grasshoppers survey in Scheduled Desert Areas (SDA)To assist in collecting and identification of flora of locusts in Scheduled Desert Areas (SDA). o assist in study of biotic factors of locusts and grasshoppers in the laboratory To assist in handling of scientific instruments in the laboratory. To assist the seniors in preparing the various technical as well as financial reports.To assist seniors in performing any other day to day activities assigned from time to time/
DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED WITH THE APPLICATION:
Central Recruitment Fee Stamps of Rs.50/- affixed and clearly cancelled on the application form. One recent passport size photograph to be pasted on the application Two self-addressed envelopes of 12 cms x 25 cms size, one of which should be affixed with postage stamps worth Rs.6/-. Documents in support of claim of SC/ST/OBC/PH/Ex-S. Attested copies of certificates and mark statements pertaining to all the years showing age and educational qualifications. Candidates have the option to either self-attest the photo-copies of various documents to be submitted by them or to submit the copies of the documents duly attested by a Gazetted Officer. Any wrong attestation so as to mislead the Commission or to gain access to the recruitment would lead to criminal/debar action against the candidate, besides cancellation of the candidature. All original certificates will be checked at the time of Personality Test/Skill Test, as the case may be, and the candidature is subject to the result of such scrutiny.Documents in support of claim of age elaxation (for categories not covered in item above). Attested copies of experience ertificates.Candidates in Govt. service are to attach an undertaking that they have informed in writing their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the post.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must be submitted in the format published in the Employment News/Rozgar Samachar dated 03.05.2014. Application form is available on the Regional Office’s website http://ssckkr.kar.nic.in. Applications should be submitted to the Regional Director as per the address given in the notice.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : May 30, 2014
How to Apply: