Company Name: Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
Position: CGL Exam 2014
Education: Any Degree
Details of Post :
CGL Exam 2014
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- Commission will be holding Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2014 for recruitment to different posts for which Graduation from a recognized University is the minimum Educational Qualification. The Examination will comprise of two Tiers of Written Objective Type examination followed by Computer Proficiency Test/ Interview/Skill test, wherever applicable as per the Scheme of Examination. Posts have been placed in two groups, inter-alia, based on their Grade Pay and papers in Tier II examination/Interview. Preference for Posts, is to be indicated in the application. Candidates are requested to note that preference for Posts once exercised will be final. Request for change of preference will not be considered under any circumstance. For the post of Assistant in CSS, candidate shall have not more than three attempts unless covered by any of the exceptions notified by Government of India.
- In view of the huge number of applicants, scrutiny of the eligibility category etc. will not be undertaken at the time of Tier-I and Tier-II examination . Therefore, the application will be accepted provisionally only. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, physical standards etc and satisfy themselves that they are eligible, before applying and before indicating their preference for any particular post. Copies of supporting documents will be sought only from those candidates who appear in Tier-II examination at the time of interview/skill test/document verification. Candidature will be cancelled if any
- information or claim is not found substantiated when the scrutiny of documents is undertaken by the Commission after Tier-II of the Examination. Commission‘s decision shall be final in this regard.
- CANDIDATES IN THEIR OWN INTEREST ARE ADVISED TO GO THROUGH THE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS NOTICE, WHICH IS ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE OF THE COMMISSION: http://ssc.nic.in, CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING.
- Candidates seeking reservation benefits for SC/ST/OBC/PH/EXS must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice .They should also be in possession of the required certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim as stipulated in this Notice. OBC candidates should ensure that they are in possession of valid OBC Certificate issued within the due date issued by the authority mentioned in the format.
- Candidates with visual disability of 40% and more will only be considered as VISUALLY HANDICAPPED and entitled to reservation for VH candidates, wherever such reservation is available.
- Central Government civilian employees claiming age relaxation should produce a certificate in the prescribed format from their office at the time of Interview/skill Test/document verification, in respect of the length of continuous service which should be for not less than three years during the period immediately preceding the closing date for receipt of application. They should remain Central Government civilian employees till the time of appointment, in the event of their selection.
- FEE: RUPEES ONE HUNDRED ONLY(b 100) Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying application fee as per extant Government orders.
- CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION: 14.02.2014. For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh,Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad – 21.02.2014. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED LATE WILL BE REJECTED and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. COMMISSION WILL NOT BE RESPOSIBLE FOR POSTAL DELAY.
- Only one application, either a paper application or online application is to be submitted by the candidates to the concerned Regional/Sub-Regional office of the Commission keeping in view the Centre of examination chosen by him/her. IN CASE OF MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS FOR ON LINE APPLICATION, THE LAST APPLICATION FOR WHICH PART-I AND PART-II REGISTRATION HAVE BEEN COMPLETED WILL BE ACCEPTED. FOR OFF-LINE APPLICATIONS, THE REGIONAL DIRECTOR/DEPUTY DIRECTOR AT HIS/HER DISCRETION, WILL ACCEPT ONLY ONE OF THE APPLICATIONS.
- MOBILE PHONE AND ACCESSORIES AND OTHER ELECTRONIC GADGETS ARE BANNED WITHIN THE PREMISES OF THE EXAMINATION CENTRES. POSSESSION OF SUCH EQUIPMENT WHETHER IN USE OR IN SWITCH OFF MODE, DURING THE EXAMINATION WILL BE CONSIDERED AS USE OF UNFAIR MEANS. CANDIDATURE OF SUCH CANDIDATES WILL BE CANCELLED. THEY WILL BE LIABLE FOR FURTHER ACTION INCLUDING INITIATION OF CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS AND DEBARMENT FROM COMMISSION‘S EXAMINATION UPTO 5 ( FIVE) YEARS, AS MAY BE DECIDED BY THE COMMISSION.
- CANDIDATES MAY SUBMIT ON LINE APPLICATIONS AT WEBSITE http://ssconline.nic.in. AND http://ssconline2.gov.in. THEY SHOULD RETAIN REGISTRATION NUMBER ASSIGNED TO THEM ON LINE FOR CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE COMMISSION. THEY SHOULD NOT SUBMIT PRINT OUTS OF THEIR APPLICATION TO THE COMMISSION. THE FACILITY OF ON-LINE APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE UPTO 12.02.2014 (5:00 PM) FOR PART-I REGISTRATION AND FOR PART-II REGISTRATION UPTO 14.02.2014 (5.00 P.M.). Candidates must carry at least one photo bearing IDENTITY PROOF in original such as Driving Licence, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, Identity Card issued by University/College, Income Tax Pan Card to the examination center, failing which THEY SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED TO APPEAR FOR THE EXAMINATION.
- In case the scanned photograph(s) appearing in the Commission‘s copy of Admission Certificate and/or Attendance Sheet is not clear, invigilators are required to verify the identity of the Candidates with reference to the photo ID Proof and get colour photographs pasted on the Commission‘s copy of Admission Certificate and/or on Attendance Sheet as the case may be. Accordingly, candidates should bring passport size colour photographs (two photographs for each session) for affixing it in the Commission‘s copy of Admission Certificate and/or on the Attendance Sheet in the presence of Invigilator. Candidates not carrying photographs will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
AGE LIMIT as on 1st January,2014 (01.01.2014)
Category of posts, Age limit
- Inspector of Income Tax/ Inspector (Central Excise)/ Inspector (Preventive Officer)/ Inspector (Examiner)/ Inspector of Posts/ Assistant Enforcement Officer/Inspector (CBN) Compiler/ Divisional Accountant/ Auditors/ UDCs /Tax Assistants/ Junior Accountant & Accountant /Sub-Inspector (CBN) 18-27 years( He/she must have been born not earlier than 02.01.1987 and not later than 01.01.1996)
- Statistical Investigator Gr.II Not exceeding 26 years (He/she must have been born not earlier than 02.01.1988)
- Assistant/Sub Inspector in CBI 20-27 years( He/she must have been born not earlier than 02.01.1987 and not later than 01.01.1994)
HOW TO APPLY : The application must be submitted only in the prescribed format on – line or on paper/off-line. (Annexure-I) For detailed instructions for filling up the application form Annexure-II may be referred to
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 12/02/2014
How to Apply: