Company Name: Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
Position: Junior Engineer
Education:Diploma in Civil, B.E, B.Tech
Details of Post :
- Commission will hold a Combined All India Open Examination on 25.05.2014 for recruitment to the posts of JUNIOR ENGINEER (CIVIL) and (ELECTRICAL) in Central Public Works Department (CPWD) & Department of Posts, JUNIOR ENGINEER (CIVIL) and JUNIOR ENGINEER(ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL) in Border Roads Organisation (BRO) in Ministry of Defence, JUNIOR ENGINEER (ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL) &JUNIOR ENGINEER (Quantity Surveying & Contract) in Military Engineering Service (MES), JUNIOR ENGINEER (CIVIL & MECHANICAL) in Central Water Commission (CWC) and Farakka Barrage, for which Degree or Diploma in Civil or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an institution recognized by Govt. of India or equivalent qualification is the minimum qualification. The Examination will comprise of a Written Examination followed by Interview.
- The Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, the application is accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible before applying. Copies of supporting documents will be sought only from those candidates who qualify for the Interview. When scrutiny is undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled and the Commission‗s decision shall be final.
- CANDIDATES IN THEIR OWN INTEREST ARE ADVISED TO GO THROUGH THE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS NOTICE AND ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE OF THE COMMISSION: http://ssc.nic.in CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING.
- Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PH/EXS must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice .They should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim .
- Candidates with physical disability of 40% and more only would be considered as PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED (PH) and entitled to reservation for PH. The Posts are not identified suitable for VH persons.
- Central Government civilian employees claiming age relaxation should produce a certificate in the prescribed format from their office at the time of Interview/ document verification in respect of the length of continuous service which should be for not less than three years during the period immediately preceding the closing date for receipt of application. They should remain Central Government civilian employees till the time of appointment in the event of their selection.
- FEE: RUPEES ONE HUNDRED ONLY (Rs. 100/-) Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex.Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying application fee as per extant Government Orders.
- CLOSING DATE : 28.03.2014 (upto 5.00 PM). For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad – 04.04.2014. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED LATE WILL BE REJECTED and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Only a single application will be entertained. IN CASE OF MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS, THE LAST APPLICATION FOR WHICH PART-I AND PART.II REGISTRATION HAVE BEEN COMPLETED WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- MOBILES AND OTHER ELECTRONIC GADGETS ARE BANNED WITHIN THE PREMISES OF THE EXAMINATION CENTRES. POSSESSION OF SUCH EQUIPMENT WHETHER IN USE OR IN SWITCH OFF MODE, DURING THE EXAMINATION WILL BE CONSIDERED AS USE OFUNFAIR MEANS. CANDIDATURE OF SUCH CANDIDATES WILL BE CANCELLED. THEY WILL BE LIABLE FOR FURTHER ACTION INCLUDING INITIATION OF CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS AND DEBARMENT FROM COMMISSION‘S EXAMINATION UPTO 5 (FIVE) YEARS, AS MAY BE DECIDED BY THE COMMISSION.
- ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ENTERTAINED FOR THIS RECRUITMENT. THE FACILITY OF ON-LINE APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM 01.03.2014 TO 26-03-2014 ( Upto 5.00PM) FOR PART-1 REGISTRATION AND 01-03-2014 TO 28.03.2014(Upto 5.00PM) FOR PART II REGISTERATION. CANDIDATES SHOULD RETAIN THE REGISTRATION NUMBER ASSIGNED TO THEM ONLINE AND DETAILS OF PAYMENT OF FEE FOR FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE COMMISSION. THEY SHOULD NOT SUBMIT PRINT OUTS OF THEIR APPLICATION TO THE COMMISSION. IN THE CASE OF AREAS FOR WHICH THERE IS EXTENDED CLOSING DATE, PART-I REGISTRATION WILL BE ACCEPTED UPTO 02.04.2014 ( 5.00PM) AND 04-04-2014(5.00PM) FOR PART-II REGISTRATION
- Candidates must carry at least one photo bearing IDENTITY PROOF in original such as Driving Licence, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, Identity Card issued by University/College, Income Tax Pan Card etc to the examination centre, failing which THEY SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED TO APPEAR FOR THE EXAMINATION.
- In case the scanned photograph(s) appearing in the Commission‘s copy of Admission Certificate and or on Attendance Sheet is not clear invigilators are required to verify the identity of the Candidate with reference to the photo ID Proof and get colour photographs pasted on the Commission‘s copy of Admission Certificate and or on Attendance Sheet. Accordingly, candidates should bring passport size colour photographs for affixing it in the Commission‘s copy of Admission Certificate in the presence of Invigilator. Candidates not carrying photographs will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
AGE LIMIT as on 1stJanuary 2014 (01-01-2014).
- 18-27 years for Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical) in CPWD and Department of Posts
- Not exceeding 30 years for Junior Engineer (Civil) and Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical) in MES
- Up to 32 years for Junior Engineers (Civil & Mechanical) in CWC and Farakka Barrage.
- 18-27 Years for Junior Engineers(Quantity Surveying and Contract) in MES
- Not exceeding 30 years for Junior Engineer (Civil) and Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical) in Border Roads Organisation (BRO) of Ministry of Defence
Post Educational and Other Qualification
- Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical), CPWD Diploma in Civil , Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an institution recognized by the Central Government or equivalent qualification.
- Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical), Department of Posts Three years Diploma or equivalent in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an institution recognized by the Central Government or State Government.
- (a) Junior Engineer(Civil),Border Roads Organisation(BRO) Ministry of Defence (b) Junior Engineer(Electrical and Mechanical), Border Roads Organisation(BRO) Ministry of Defence. (a) JE(Civil) Three years Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognised University or Institute. Desirable Two years working experience in the field of civil construction in monitoring and executive of projects. JE(Electrical & Mechanical) Three years Diploma in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) from a recognised University or Institute. Desirable Two years working experience in the field of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering in the area of construction in monitoring and executive of projects.
- (a) Junior Engineer (Civil), MES (b) Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical), MES Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised University OR I)Three years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognised Institute or University or Board; and (II) Two years experience in Planning, Execution and Maintenance of Civil Engineering works. Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University; (c)Junior Engineer(QS&C) MES OR (I) Three years diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognised Institute or University or Board; and (II) Two years experience in Planning, Execution and Maintenance of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering works. (i)3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognised institute/University/Board or equivalent; OR (ii) Passed Intermediate examination in Building and Quantity Surveying Sub Divisional -II of the institute of Surveyors (India).
- Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical), CWC and Farakka Barrage. Degree or Diploma in Civil or Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University or Institution
MODE OF PAYMENT OF FEE PAYABLE Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only):
- CANDIDATE MAY NOTE THAT ONLY ON LINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT http:// ssconline.nic.in and ttp://ssconline2.gov.in
- The candidates should pay the requisite fee only through State Bank of India either in the form of Challan or through SBI net banking. Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, and Scheduled Tribes, Physically handicapped and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservations are exempted from payment of fee.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 26-03-2014
How to Apply: