Company Name: Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
Position:Translator/ Hindi Pradhyapak
Details of Post :
Translator/ Hindi Pradhyapak
- Commission will hold a Combined All India Open Examination for recruitment to the posts of Junior Hindi Translators (in Subordinate Offices) , Hindi Pradhyapak Pradhyapak in Central Hindi Training Institute and Senior/Junior Translators under Ministry of Defence. The Examination will comprise of a Written Examination followed by Interview.
- The Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, the applications will be accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age etc. prescribed for different posts and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the posts before applying/ opting for them. Copies of supporting documents, however, should be sent along with the application. When scrutiny is undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled and the Commission’s decision shall be final.
- BEFORE APPLYING CANDIDATES IN THEIR OWN INTEREST ARE ADVISED TO GO THROUGH THEDETAILED INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS NOTICE AND ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE OF THE COMMISSION: http://www.ssc.nic.in. carefully before applying.
- Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PH/EXS must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice .They should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format prescribed by Government of India in support of their claim. OBC candidates should ensure that they are in possession of valid OBC certificate issued within the due date issued by the authority mentioned in the format.
- Candidates with visual disability of 40% and more only would be considered as VISUALLY HANDICAPPED (VH) for availing reservation for VH, wherever, such reservation is applicable.
- Central Government civilian employees claiming age relaxation should submit a certificate in the prescribed format from their office in respect of the length of continuous service which should be for not less than three years during the period immediate preceding the closing date for receipt of application. They should continue to have the status of Central Government civilian servants/employees from the day of application till the time of appointment, in the event of their selection.
- FEE: RUPEES ONE HUNDRED ONLY(Rs 100.00) Fee is exempted for all Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped and ExServicemen eligible for reservation, as per Govt.orders
- CLOSING DATE : 18.04.2014 (upto 5 P.M.). For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad – 25.04.2014(upto 5 PM). APPLICATIONS RECEIVED LATE WILL BE REJECTED AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERAINED IN THIS REGARD. COMMISSION WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR POSTAL DELAY.
- Only a single application will be entertained. Candidature in respect of multiple applications will be summarily rejected.
- MOBILES AND OTHER ELECTRONIC GADGETS ARE BANNED WITHIN THE PREMISES OF THE EXAMINATION CENTRES.THEIR POSSESSION OF SUCH EQUIPMENT WHETHER IN USE OR IN SWITCH OFF MODE, DURING THE EXAMINATION WILL BE CONSIDEREDAS USE OF UNFAIR MEANS. CANDIDATURE OF SUCH CANDIDATES WILL BE CANCELLED. THEY WILL BE LIABLE FOR FURTHER ACTION INCLUDING INITIATION OF CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS AND DEBARMENT FROM COMMISSION’S EXAMINATION UPTO 5(FIVE) YERS, AS MAY BE DECIDED BY THE COMMISSION.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND/SUBMIT APPLICATION IN THE PRESCRIBED FORMAT ALONGWITH SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS, TO THE CONCERNED REGIONAL OFFICE OF SSC AS MENTIONED IN PARA 7 OF THE NOTICE. FACILITY OF ONLINE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS EXAMINATION.
- Candidates must carry at least one photo bearing IDENTITY PROOF in original such as Driving License, Voter Card, Andhar Card, Identity Card issued by University/College, Income Tax Pan Card etc to the examination centre failing which THEY SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED TO APPEAR FOR THE EXAMINATION.
- In case the scanned photograph(s) appearing in the Commission’s copy of Admission Certificate and or on Attendance sheet is not clear invigilators are required to verify the identity of the candidate with reference to the photo ID Proof and get colour photographs pasted on the Commission’s copy of Admission Certificate and/or on Attendance Sheet as case may be. Accordingly, candidates should bring passport size colour photographs for affixing it in the Commission’s copy (Admission certificate) in the presence of Invigilator. Candidates not carrying photographs will not be allowed to appear in the examination
Staff Selection Commission will hold an All India Open Competitive Examination for recruitment to the post of Junior Hindi Translators etc in subordinate and other offices of Central Government on Sunday, 08-06-2014.
- Junior Hindi Translators (in Subordinate Offices)(Group „B‟ Non- Technical) in the pay scale of Rs. 9300-34800 with Grade Pay Rs. 4200/- , in various Central Government Ministries/ Departments / Offices.
- Senior Translator(Group „B‟ Non-Gazetted) in the pay scale of Rs.9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs.4600/- in Ministry of Defence.
- Junior Translator (Group „B‟ Non-Gazetted) in the pay scale of R 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs 4200/-, in Ministry of Defence.
- Hindi Pradhyapak (Group „B‟ Non-Gazetted) in the pay scale of Rs. 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4800/-, in Central Hindi Training Institute (D/o Official Language) located all over India.
AGE LIMIT: Not exceeding 30 years as on 01.01.2014 .
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: ( As on 01.01.2014)
For Junior Hindi Translators(in Subordinate Offices).
- Masters Degree of a recognized University or equivalent in English/ Hindi with Hindi/ English as a compulsory or elective subject at degree level; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with Hindi and English as main subjects (which includes the term compulsory and elective)
For Hindi Pradhyapak (in Central Hindi Training Insutitute).
- Master’s degree in Hindi with English as one of the subjects at degree level either as compulsory or optional or as a language paper from a recognized university or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education from a recognized university/Institute & equivalent.
- Two years experience of Teaching Hindi at Senior Secondary Level.
- Desirable: Knowledge at the level of matriculation of one of the language, other than Hindi mentioned in the 8thschedule of the constitution.
- Experience of translation from English to Hindi and vice versa or diploma in linguistics from a recognized university/Institute or equivalent.
For Senior Translator and Junior Translator (in Ministry of Defence).
- Master’s degree of a recognized university in Hindi with English as a compulsory or elective subject or as medium of examination at the degree level; or Master’s degree or a recognized university in English with Hindi as compulsory or elective subject or as a medium of examination at degree level; or
- Master’s degree of a recognized university in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi or English medium and English or Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as medium of examination at degree level ; or Master’s degree of a recognized university in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi or English as a compulsory or elective subject or either of the two medium of examination and the other as a compulsory or elective subject at the degree level. AND
- Recognized Diploma or certificate course in translation from Hindi to English and vice versa or two years’ experience of translation work from Hindi to English and vice versa in Central or State Govt. Offices, including Govt. of India undertakings.
- Knowledge at the level of Matriculation(Tenth Standard) of a recognized Board of one of the language other than Hindi mentioned in the 8thSchedule of the Constitution.
- Degree in translation from Hindi to English and vice versa from any recognized University or equivalent.
MODE OF PAYMENT: FEE PAYABLE Rs 100/-(Rupees One Hundred only)
How to Apply: Candidates can apply in prescribed format along with attach photocopies of relevant Testimonials/ Certificates, Paste your recent photograph of size 4cm x 5cm and sign in running hand (No Capital Letters) on the application in provided space and submit to the concerned Regional Office of the Commission (refer notification) on or before 18-04-2014 by 5:00 PM and 25-04-2014 by 5:00 PM for candidates in remote areas. Only a single application will be entertained for a candidate
Important dates to remember :
- Last Date for Submission of Application: 18-04-2014 by 5:00 PM.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application for candidates in Remote areas: 25-04-2014 by 5:00 PM.
- Date of Written Examination: 08-06-2014.
How to Apply: