Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Stenographer Grade through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed 12th can apply for the new recruitment notification from Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Stenographer Grade on or before 07/09/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
Vacancy Name :Stenographer Grade
Educational Qualification : 12TH
Total No Of Vacancy : 1,064 Posts
Salary : NA
Job Location : Across India
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 07/09/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Across India
Detail Of Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Stenographer Grade Recruitment:
F.No.3/6/2015-(P&P-II): Staff Selection Commission will hold on Sunday, the 27th December 2015, an All India Open Competitive Examination for recruitment to the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ ( Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted ) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’(Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted)
- No of Post : 1,064 Posts
- Age Limit:18-27 years as on 01.08.2015 (Candidates born not before 02-08-1988 and not later than 01-08-1997)
- Process of certification and format of certificates: Candidates who wish to be considered against vacancies reserved or seek age-relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority, in the prescribed format, whenever such certificates are sought by concerned Regional/Sub Regional Offices at the time of Interview/Document Verification. Otherwise, their claim for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH (PWD)/ ExS status will not be entertained and their candidature/ applications will be considered under General (UR) category. The formats of the certificates are annexed. Certificates in any other format will not be accepted. OBC certificate in the creamy layer status should have been obtained within three years before the closing date for receipt of application. The Commission has decided to accept OBC certificate in prescribed format issued after the closing date of receipt of application but issued upto 180 days. That is OBC certificate issued between 08.09.2012 and upto 05-03-2016 only will be accepted. Candidates are warned that they may be permanently debarred from the examination conducted by the Commission in case they fraudulently claim SC/ST/OBC/ExS/PH (PWD) status. Visually handicapped (VH) candidates with visual disabilities of forty percent and cerebral palsy candidates can avail the assistance of Scribe to be provided by the Commission in the written examination subject to such request of scribe being made in the application form. No attendant will be allowed with candidates inside the examination hall. Provision of Compensatory Time: The Visually Handicapped/cerebral palsy candidates will be allowed compensatory time in the examination the details of which are given in para 11 under the Heading “Scheme of Examination.” Persons with visual disability of less than forty percent will not be considered as visually handicapped persons. One eyed candidates and partially blind candidates who are able to read the normal Question Paper set for all the candidates with or without magnifying glass and who wish to write/indicate the answer with the help of Magnifying Glass will be allowed to use the same in the Examination Hall and will not be entitled to a Scribe. Such candidates will have to bring their own Magnifying Glass to the Examination Hall.
- Educational Qualifications ( As on 01.08.2015): Must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or University. As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification No. 44 dated 01.03.1995 published in Gazette of India edition dated 08.04.1995, the Degree obtained through open Universities/Distance Education Mode needs to be recognized by Distance Education Council, IGNOU. Accordingly, unless such Degrees had been recognized for the period when the candidates acquired the relevant qualification, they will not be accepted for the purpose of Educational Qualification. Candidates who have not acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and acquire documentary evidence from the Board/University in support thereof as on 01.08.2015 will also be eligible.
- All candidates who are called for appearing at the Skill Test will be required to produce the relevant Certificate in Original such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificate, etc. as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01.08.2015failing which the candidature of such candidate will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cutoff date and he/she has been declared passed, will also be considered to have the required Educational Qualification
Selection Procedure For Staff Selection Commission (SSC) – Stenographer Grade Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 07/09/2015
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the skill test on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination. Candidates who qualifyin the skill test will be recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination. Allocation of candidates will be made to User Departments depending upon their merit position and the option exercised by them.
- Provided that SC, ST, OBC, and PH (PWD) candidates, who are selected on their own merit without relaxed standards, alongwith candidates belonging to other communities, will not be adjusted against the reserved share of vacancies. Such SC, ST, OBC, and PH (PWD) candidates will be accommodated against the general/unreserved vacancies as per their position in the overall Merit List. The reserved vacancies will be filled up separately from amongst the eligible SCs, STs, OBCs, and PH (PWD) candidates which will, thus, comprise of SC , ST, OBC, and PH candidates who are lower in merit than the last general candidate on merit list of unreserved category but otherwise found suitable for appointment even by relaxed standard.
- An Ex-Serviceman or persons with disability (OH/VH/ Cerebral palsy) category candidate who qualifies on the basis of relaxed standards viz. age limit, experience or qualifications, permitted number of chances in written examination, extended zone of consideration, etc. is to be counted against reserved vacancies and not against general vacancies subject to fitness of such candidate for selection. Such candidates may also be recommended at the relaxed standards to the extent the number of vacancies reserved for them, to make up for the deficiency in the reserved quota, irrespective of their rank in the order of merit. In so far as cases of Ex-Serviceman are concerned, deduction of the military service rendered from the age of Ex-Servicemen is permissible against the reserved or unreserved posts and such exemption cannot be termed as relaxed standards in regard to age
- Success in the examination confers no right of appointment unless government are satisfied after such enquiry as may be considered necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects of appointment to the service/post.
- The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If, on verification, at any time, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
- Candidates, who are appointed on the basis of this examination, shall be on probation for a period of two years and during the period of probation, the candidates would be required to undergo such training or pass such examinations as prescribed by the Controlling Authority. On successful completion of the period of probation, the candidates shall, if considered fit for permanent appointment, be confirmed to their post by the Controlling Authority.
Important instructions to candidates:
- 12th Standard Passfrom a recognized board/university is the minimum qualification. The Examination will comprise of a Written Objective Type Examination followed by Skill Test in Stenography at 100 w.p.m. and 80 w.p.m. for Stenographer Grade ‘C’ &’D’ respectively.
- The Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, the candidature is accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible before applying. Copies of supporting documents will be sought only from those candidates who qualify for the skill test. At the time of scrutiny if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled. The Commission’s decision shall be final.
- Candidates are advised that skill test in stenography is mandatory and, therefore, those without knowledge of stenography should avoid applying for the examination.
- Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PH( PWD)/EXS must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim at the time of skill test.Copies of the certificate, etc. will be sought at the time of Skill Test of Stenography.
- Candidates with visual disability/Cerebral palsy of 40% and more only would be considered as VISUALLY HANDICAPPED (VH) for availing reservation for VH, wherever, such reservation is applicable.
- Central Government civilian employees claiming age relaxation should be in possession of a certificate in the prescribed format from their office in respect of the length of continuous service which should be for not less than three years in the immediate period preceding the closing date for receipt of application. They should continue to have the status of Central Government civilian employees from the date of application till the time of appointment, in the event of their selection.
- Fee: Rupees one hundred only (Rs.100) payable through CRF Stamps for off-line application orSBI challan/ net banking/debit card/credit cards, can go directly to part II registration after completion of part I. Candidate will have to supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part II registration.
- Fee is exempted for all Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Persons with disability, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation, as per Government orders. vii) Closing date: 07-09-2015 (5 P.M. upto). For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad – 14-09-2015 applications received late will be rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard . Commission will not be responsible for postal delay.
- Only a single application will be entertained. in case of multiple online applications, the last application for which Part-I and Part-II registration have been completed will be accepted. in the case of multiple off-line applications, the concerned regional office will
accept any one of the applications at their discretion.
- Mobiles including earphones and connected cords and other electronic gadgets are banned within the premises of the examination centres. Possession of such equipment whether in use or in switch off mode, during the examination will be considered as use of unfair means. Candidature of such candidates will be cancelled. They will be liable for further action including initiation of criminal proceedings and debarment from commission’s examination upto 3 (three) years, as may be decided by the commission.
- The commission encourages candidates to apply on-line. Submission of ‘on-line’ application avoid data discrepancies non/wrong delivery of admit cards etc. As admit card can be downloaded from the website of the commission. Candidates desirous of submitting on line applications may do so. Such candidates should retain their registration number assigned to them on line for correspondence with the commission.
- They should not submit print outs of their application to the commission.The facility of on-line application will be available at website http://ssconline.nic.in upto 04-09- 2015(5:00 pm) for Part-I registration and for Part-II registration upto 07-09-2015 (5.00 p.m.).
- Candidates must bring 3 passport size colour photographs. Candidates not carrying photographs may not be allowed to appear in the written examination.
- In case the scanned photograph(s) appearing in the Commission’s copy of Admission certificate and/ or on Attendance sheet is not clear invigilators are required to verify the identity of the candidate with reference to the photo ID Proof and get colour photographs pasted on the Commission’s copy of Admission certificate and or on Attendance sheet. Accordingly candidates should bring passport size colour photographs for affixing it in the Commission’s copy of Admission certificate in the presence of Invigilators. Candidates not carrying photographs will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- All the posts carry All India Service Liability (AISL) i.e. the candidate, on selection, may be asked to serve anywhere in the country
How To Apply For Stenographer Grade Vacancy in Staff Selection Commission (SSC):
- Applications must be submitted only in the prescribed format (AnnexureI) On-line or by Post. Detailed instructions as in Annexure – II A or Annexure – II B, may be referred to for postal applications and on-line applications respectively.
- Application fee: Payment of application fee is exempted for all women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Persons with disability and Ex- servicemen eligible for reservation, as per Government orders. The candidates submitting application offline (paper mode) should pay the fee of Rs 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) by means of “Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS)”only. Recruitment Fee Stamps should be pasted on the application form in the space earmarked for the purpose and got cancelled from the Counter of Post Office of issue with the date stamp of the Issuing Post Office in such a manner that the impression of the cancellation stamp partially overflows on the Application Form itself, taking care at the same time that the impression is clear and distinct to facilitate the identification of date and Post Office of issue at any subsequent stage. After getting the Recruitment Fee Stamps cancelled from the Post Office, the candidate must submit their application to the concerned Regional Office/Sub Regional Offices of the Commission in the usual manner after completing other formalities. Application with CRFS not cancelled by the post office will be rejected outright. As Department of Posts is in the process of phasing out CRF stamps, and there may be shortage of CRF stamps, candidates are advised to apply on-line. The candidates submitting application online (computer based) should pay the fee of Rs 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) by means of SBI Challan or Online payment through Net banking or any credit/debit cards. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Fee paid by modes other than CRFS for off-line applications and other than through SBI Challan /Net banking/ any credit and debit cards as indicated above in case of online application will not be accepted and the applications of such candidates will be rejected forthright and the payment made shall stand forfeited. Candidates submitting their application online shall make their payment through the State Bank of India as per instructions (AnnexureII B).
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 07/09/2015