State Bank of India (SBI) invites online application for the recruitment of Clerical Cadre for Graduation holders
|Company name||State Bank of India (SBI)|
|Total Vacancy||6425 Posts|
|Application Last date||09-12-2014|
Details of Post :
Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment in clerical cadre in Associate Banks of State Bank of India. Candidates can apply for vacancies in one Bank and one State only and will have to appear for the test from an examination centre for that particular State. Candidates can appear for the test only once under this recruitment project
|Name of Post||Qualification||# ofVacancy||Pay scale|
APPLICATION FEE AND INTIMATION CHARGE:
- SC/ ST/ PWD/ XS Rs. 100/-(Intimation Charges only)
- General and OBC Rs. 600/-(App. Fee including intimation charges)
SELECTION PROCEDURE :
- Final selection will be made on the basis of performance in the online test and interview taken together. Merely satisfying the eligibility norms does not entitle a candidate to be called for test or interview.
- The test will be online objective type, consisting of (i) General Awareness (ii) General English(iii)Quantitative Aptitude (iv)Reasoning Ability (v)Marketing Aptitude /Computer Knowledge.The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English,will be bilingual i.e., English &Hindi. Each test will be of 40 marks.For these objective type tests of total 200 marks candidates will be given a composite time of 2 Hours 15 minutes. X2001
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer . Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests.
- The passing marks in each of the tests will be decided by the Bank on the basis of the performance of all the competing candidates taken together in each test to a minimum required level. Candidates are also required to score a minimum percentage marks on aggregate (For SC/ST/OBC/PWD/XS candidates, 5% relaxation available thereon) for being considered for interview. Minimum percentage marks on aggregate will be decided by the bank.
NOTE: Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in the ‘Acquaint Yourself’ booklet, which will be made available to the eligible candidates along with the call letter for the test. Candidates qualified in the test will be placed according to their marks in descending order in respective categories. Depending upon the number of vacancies only certain number of candidates from amongst those who qualify by ranking high enough in the merit will be called for interview in the ratio of maximum 3 candidates for each vacancy. Candidates are required to score a minimum percentage marks (to be decided by the bank) in interview to be considered for final selection. 5% relaxation for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ XS category will be available thereon. The knowledge of local languages will be tested in the interview. 10% weight age would be given out of total marks (35) for interview for possessing working knowledge of local language. Final selection will be made on the basis of candidate’s performance in the test and interview taken together.
OPTION-I: PAYMENT OF FEE (OFFLINE) :
- Candidates should first scan their photograph and signature as detailed under guidelines for scanning the photograph and signature.
- Candidates to visit Bank’s website or and open the appropriate Online Application Format available in the “Careers with us”.
- Fill the application carefully. Once the application is filled complete (candidates are advised to take printout of the application before submission of application and check its correctness carefully. If any discrepancy observed, they may edit. After edition/correction they should submit the application), candidates should submit the data. No change/ edit will be allowed after submission of the application. In the event of the candidates not able to fill the data in one go, they can save the data already entered. When the data is saved,registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidates should note down the registration number and password. Email & SMS indicating the Registration number and Password will be sent. They can reopen the saved data using registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. Candidates to take a printout of the system generated fee payment challan immediately. The registration at this stage is provisional. The system generated fee payment challan form will be required to be presented at any branch of SBI with the requisite fee.On payment of fee, registration of online application will be complete.
- Fee Payment: Fee payment will be accepted from 2nd working day after registration and can be made within three working days (subject to last date for fee payment) at any branch of State Bank of India. Candidates who have registered online on the day before last day or last day of registration and opted for offline fee payment will be required to remit fee on or before last day stipulated for offline fee payment, positively. System generated fee payment challan will be used for depositing fee. Once fee paid, the registration process is completed.
- Candidates will receive registration confirmation by SMS/e-mail after two working days from the date of payment of fees. Please ensure to furnish correct Mobile number / e-mail address to receive the registration confirmation.
Note: There is also a provision to reprint the submitted application containing fee details, after three days of fee payment
OPTION-II: PAYMENT OF FEES:[ONLINE PAYMENT]:
- FOLLOW STEPS i) to iii) GIVEN UNDER OPTION-I ABOVE. However fee payment challan will not be generated and fee payment will have to be made online through payment gateway available thereat.
- After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the application form candidates are required to pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the application, following the instructions available on the screen.No change/edit will be allowed thereafter.
- The payment can be made by using MASTER/VISA debit/ credit cards or Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen. Transaction charges for online payment will be borne by the candidates.
- On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt and application form will be generated; you may take its printout for your record. If online transaction fails i.e online transaction is not completed successfully (even amount debited to your account), please register again and pay the fee online
- Candidates serving in Government/Quasi Government offices, Public Sector undertaking including Nationalised Banks and financial Institutions will be required to submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer at the time of interview, failing which their candidature may not be considered and travelling expenses, if any, otherwise admissible,will not be paid.
- In case of selection, candidates are required to produce proper discharge certificate from the employer at the time of taking up the appointment.
- Caste certificate issued by the competent authority on format prescribed by the Govt. of India will have to be submitted by the SC/ST candidates, if called for interview
- A declaration in the prescribed format by candidate seeking reservation as OBC, that he/ she does not belong to the creamy layer on the crucial date. Unless specified otherwise, the prescribed closing date for receipt of online recruitment application for the post is to be treated as crucial date. OBC certificate
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply online much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection / inability / failure to log on to the website on account of heavy load on Internet or website jam.
- SBI does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications with in the last date on account of aforesaid reasons orfor any other reason beyond the control of SBI.
- Not more than one application should be summitted by a candidate. In case of multiple applications, only the last valid (completed) application will be retained and the application fee / intimation charges paid for the other registrations will stand forfeited. Multiple attendance/ appearance by a candidate in online examination and/ interview will be summarily rejected/ candidature cancelled.
- The possibility for occurrence of some problems in the administration of the examination cannot be ruled out completely, which may impact test delivery and/ or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify such problem, which may include the conduct of another examination if considered necessary.
How to apply:
GUIDELINES FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION: (Pre-requisite for applying online: Candidates should have valid email ID which should be kept active till the declaration of results). This will help him/her in getting call letter/interview advices etc. by e-mail). Candidates are required to register themselves online through Bank’s website www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in After registration candidates are required to pay fee through either online (using Debit/Credit card /Internet banking) or off line mode. Last date to apply : 09.12.2014
Important Dates to Remember:
- ONLINE REGISTRATION OF APPLICATION : 20.11.2014 to 09.12.2014
- PAYMENT OF FEES – ONLINE : 20.11.2014 to 09.12.2014
- PAYMENT OF FEES – OFFLINE : 22.11.2014 to 11.12.2014