Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) through recruitment notification – Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) Recruitment 2015 – EMPLOYMENT NOTIFICATION NUMBER: 2014/5. Candidates who have completed 12TH/ DIPLOMA can apply for the new recruitment notification from Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
Eligible candidates can apply Online for the Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) Job from 31/12/2014 to 06/02/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)|
|Vacancy Name||Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee)|
|Educational Qualification||12TH/ Diploma|
|Total No of Vacancy||219 Posts|
|Job Location||West Bengal|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||06/02/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) IISCO STEEL PLANT BURNPUR – 713 325. Dist- Burdwan West Bengal|
Detail of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) Recruitment:
SAIL, a Maharatna Company, and a leading steel-making company in India with a turnover of around Rs.51866 crore (FY 2013-14) is in the process of modernizing and expanding its production units, raw material resources and other facilities to maintain its dominant position in the Indian steel market. IISCO STEEL PLANT, a unit of STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED, invites online applications for the following nonexecutive posts for its integrated steel plant at Burnpur in West Bengal:
- No of post : 219
- Qualification for the posts: The Essential Minimum Qualification for the post is Matriculation with 3 years full time Diploma in engineering in Metallurgy / Mechanical / Chemical / Electrical discipline from Govt. Recognized Institute
- Maximum Age in years as on 01/01/2015 : 28 – 33 Years. Relaxation in age for candidates belonging to reserved categories will be applicable for posts reserved w.r.t.respective categories. Relaxation in age to Person with Disabilities and Ex-Servicemen shall be as perGovernment directives. Those domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir from01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 will be allowed 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.
- Training & Probation: Candidates selected as Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) will be placed on training for a period of 2 Years. On successful completion of training period, they shall be placed in regular grade of S3. After successful completion of Training, Candidates shall be placed under probation for 1 year
- Consolidated Pay during training period: Rs.10700/- 12200/-pm
- Application Fees and Processing Fee ( Non-refundable): The candidates belonging to the General and OBC category will be required to pay an Application and Processing Fee of Rs. 250/-.SC/ST/PWD candidates are exempted from payment of Application & Processing Fees.
Selection Procedure for Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) – Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 06/02/2015
- Eligible candidates will be required to appear in a Written Examination andon the basis of their performance in the Written Examination,they shall be called for interview. Weightage for written test and interview will be 80:20 respectively. Information for Written test and Interview will be provided on our website www.sail.co.in
Mode of Payment of Application & Processing Fee:
Payment through Pay-in –Slip State Bank of India has been authorized to collect the application and processing fee, in a specially opened “Power Jyoti” account No. -31932241266 at Burnpur, on behalf of IISCO Steel Plant, SAIL. Candidate has to approach the nearby SBI branch with a printout of the “SBI Challan” which is available on the Application Registration Portal. The SBI Challan printed from the Portal only should be used for depositing the fee for proper crediting of amount in the allocated account. On receipt of the money, the concerned branch of SBI will issue a unique Journal Number and a Branch Code of the branch collecting the money. This Journal Number and the Branch Code are to be filled up by the candidate during online registration. In case a candidate deposits the fee in a wrong account, or doesn’t finally submit the application form with payment details, IISCO Steel Plant will not be responsible. There will not be any other mode of collection of Application& Processing fee. Also, please note that the candidate will have to bear the Bank Charges to be paid to the collection branch of SBI in addition to the applicable Application&Processing fee. The SBI branches will accept the fee during banking hours up to the closing date of submission of online application. The candidates will be provided opportunity to verify their payment status after reconciliation on SAIL website and edit the payment details in case of wrong submission of Journal No. or Branch Code. No request for editing the payment details and issue of Admit card after closure of edit option will be entertained in wrong submission cases and candidature will stand rejected.Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the Application& Processing fee and to fill in the payment details carefully.
- Candidates must be an Indian national possessing requisite qualification from an Institute recognised by State Govt. / Central Govt.
- Before applying the candidates should read all the instructions to ensure about his/her eligibility. Candidates who do not fulfil the eligibility criteria need not apply.
- Candidates possessing the requisite qualification through Distance Mode / Correspondence Course / Off Campus are not eligible to apply.
- While applying, the candidates should enter their full name as it appears in the matriculation/secondary certificate.
- Candidates claiming benefit of reservation for posts against reserved category should submit Caste Certificates in the format for appointment to posts under Government of India/ Central Government/ Public Sector Undertaking (format available in our website www.sail.co.in) issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- If the SC/ST certificate has been issued in a language other than English/ Hindi, the candidate will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
- Upper age limit for PWD candidates is relaxable by 10 years. They are required to produce valid disability certificate issued by the Medical Board duly constituted as per Govt. guidelines and have to satisfy the relaxed Physical Standard required for the posts.
- Ex-servicemen are required to produce civil equivalence certificate of his / her qualification from the competent authority.
- Candidates working in Govt. /Semi-Govt./Public Undertakings should apply through proper channel / should produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their present employer at the time of Interview.
- Company reserves the right to cancel recruitment for any or all of the posts without assigning any reason. Decision of IISCO Steel Plant shall be final and binding on each candidate. No separate communication shall be made in this regard.
- Candidates sponsored by the Local Employment Exchange will have to apply in the prescribed application format along with the requisite fees as indicated in this advertisement, failing which they will not be considered for the selection process.
- Candidates called for written test will have to appear at their own cost.
- Outstation candidates belonging to SC/ST category and called for interview, will be reimbursed single to and fro 2nd Class railway/bus fare by shortest route on production of Railway/Bus Tickets.
- IISCO Steel Plant reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the above positions without assigning any reason whatsoever. IISCO Steel Plant is not liable to compensate the applicant for the consequential damages, if any, arising out of the aforesaid.
- Mere fulfilling of the eligibility criteria will not entitle the applicant to be considered for the selection process. Decision of IISCO Steel Plantshall be final in this regard.
- Physical standards indicated above are minimum pre-requisites. However, appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their passing the Company’s Medical Examination as per standards laid down under SAIL’s Medical & Health Policy.
- Bringing influence at any stage of the selection process will disqualify the candidate.
- If at any stage, it is detected that the candidate has given false information; his/her candidature will be rejected forthwith.
- Category (General/SC/ST/OBC/Ex.SM/PwD) once submitted in the application form cannot be changed and no benefit of other category will be subsequently admissible. xx) No request for change of examination centre will be entertained after final submission of application form.
- However, IISCO Steel Plantreserves the right to cancel or add any center depending on the response in that area/centre.
- Laptops, mobiles, wrist watches, calculators, scales and other electronic gadgets will not be allowed within the premises of examination centre.
- Candidates should retain their copy of Pay in Slip (SBI Challan) and Registration Slip as they can be asked to produce it for future reference. Only original registration slip (no photocopy) shall be accepted. In case of any over writing or tampering of Registration slip, candidature of the candidate shall be rejected.
- Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be atAsansol, West Bengal
- Starting date for submitting applications through website : 31/12/2014
- Closing date for submitting applications through website : 06/02/2015
How to apply for Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) Vacancy in Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL):
- Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply online through SAIL’s website: www.sail.co.in (Career with SAIL). No other means/mode of application shall be accepted. Before applying the candidates should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility norms. Their registration will be provisional as their eligibility will be verified only at the time of interview. Mere issue of admit card / interview call letter will not imply acceptance of candidature. Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or even on joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or not in conformity with the eligibility criteria at any stage or if candidate fails to produce valid documentary proof in support of his/her eligibility.
- Before registering their applications on the website the candidates should possess the following: a) Valid e-mail ID and Mobile No., which should remain valid for at least one year. b) Candidates have latest passport size coloured photograph as well as photograph of own signature, both in digital format (.jpg or .jpeg file only each not more than 500 kb size) for uploading with the application. c) Pay in Slip (SBI Challan) of amount applicable for the above mentioned posts as at 7. above. Candidate has to approach any nearby SBI branch with the print out of SBI Challan available on website and deposit the fees for proper crediting of amount in the allocated account. d) Candidates are advised to read carefully instructions for online submission of application. The same will be available in the website itself. e) Candidate to upload attested copies of the following documents along with the on-line application: I. Certificates and marksheets as proof of age, Educational / Professional qualification. II. Registration of respective council wherever applicable. III. Experience certificate(s). IV. Caste/Category certificate in the prescribed format from the appropriate authority if applicable V. All photocopies of certificates, testimonials to be uploaded with the application need to be duly attested by a Gazetted Officer. f) After applying online, the candidate is required to download system generated Registration Slip with unique registration number and other essential details.
- Applications received later than the mentioned date would not be considered for selection to the post. The candidates will be allowed to appear in the Written Test only if they possess the valid Photo Admit Card which will be available for downloading from the SAIL website as per schedule indicated below. Note: This advertisement, Application format, Challan, Caste /category Certificate(s) and Disability Certificates are to be downloaded from the website: www.sail.co.in. Incomplete application/ application without enclosures as at (e) above/ applications without colouredphotograph / applications without application fee/ applications not fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be summarily rejected. No communication in this regard will be entertained from the applicant. The decision of SAIL-ISP, Burnpur in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance, rejection of the application, issue of call letters, verification of testimonials and selection will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection.
Important dates to remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 06/02/2015
Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) Recruitment 2015 – EMPLOYMENT NOTIFICATION NUMBER: 2014/5