Company Name: Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
Position:Attendant cum Technician Trainee
Education:Matriculation with ITI
Details of Post :
Attendant cum Technician Trainee
SAIL, a Maharatna Company of Govt. of India, is the world’s leading and India’s largest steel producer with an annual turnover of around Rs.49,350 crores (FY 12-13). It operates and owns 5 integrated steel plants at Rourkela, Bhilai, Durgapur, Bokaro and Burnpur and 3 special steel plants at Salem, Durgapur and Bhadravati. As part of its global ambition the Company is implementing a massive expansion plan involving project work of building/adding new facilites with emphasis on state of the art green technology
Alloy Steels Plant, a Special Steels Plant of Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL), having facilities to produce diverse product portfolio of over 400 grades of steel catering to critical end-use by strategic sectors like Defence, Railways, Automobiles, Power Plants, Heavy Engineering & Manufacturing Industries, including Steel Plants, invites applications from eligible candidates for the following posts. The details are as under:
Eligibility: Essential Qualification & Age Criteria
|Post||Upper age Limit^||Essential Qualification|
|Attendant cum Technician Trainee||28 years||Matriculation with ITI (full time) in any of the following Trades from Govt. recognised Institute – Fitter, Mason, Welder, Electrician, Instrument Mechanic, Machinist, Computer operator programming Asst., Turner|
(Minimum age for Attendant-cum-Technician Trainees – 18 years) ^age as on 1st February 2014.
Scale of pay:
|Attendant-cum-Technician –Trainee(Consolidated pay during training period)||First Year||Second Year|
|Rs. 8600/-||Rs. 10000/-|
|In addition during the training period, they shall be entitled for medical facility for self, spouse and dependent children and Company accommodation as per availability.|
|Attendant-cum-Technician(Pay scale on completion of 2 years training)||8630-3%-12080/- (S1)|
How to apply:
- Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply online through SAIL’s website,
- www.sail.co.in. No other means/mode of application will be accepted. Before registering their applications on the website the candidates should possess the following:
- Valid e-mail ID, which should remain valid for at least one year.
- Candidates belonging to General & OBC category to possess Pay in Slip (SBI Challan) for Rs.150/- as application and processing fee. SC/ST/PwD candidates to possess Pay in Slip of Rs. 50/- only as processing fee. Pay in Slip is to be downloaded from website after filling in the required details.
- Candidates should have latest passport size photograph as well as photograph of signature in digital form (.jpg or .jpeg format less than 500 kb size) for uploading with the application form.
- Candidates are advised to read carefully instructions for online submission of application. The same will be available in the website itself. After applying online, candidate is required to download the system generated Registration Slip with unique registration number and other relevant details.
- After applying online, the candidate is required to download the system generated Registration Slip with unique registration number and other essential details. After making payment as indicated below candidate must fill payment details in the website after log in. Only after this application process is complete. The candidates must print registration slip with payment details which will be submitted by the candidates at the time of interview. Otherwise the application is incomplete and liable for rejection.
- Candidate must be an Indian national possessing requisite qualification from an Institute recognised by State Govt. /Central Govt.
- Candidates are advised to go through eligibility criteria and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the concerned post before applying. Candidates not satisfying the requisite eligibility criteria specified in this advertisement need not apply.
- Candidates are not required to send any document for appearing in the written test. All certificates and documents in support of eligibility, qualification, age, caste etc. will be verified only during the interview and any candidate, who fails to produce the same, will not be allowed to appear for interview.
- Candidates should note that only the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation / Secondary Examination Certificate on the date of submission of application shall be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- category (General/SC/ST/OBC Non Creamy layer/ESM) once submitted in the application cannot be changed and no benefit of other category will be subsequently admissible.
- Candidates will have to appear for the written test and medical examination at their own cost.
- Candidates sponsored by the local Employment Exchanges for posts of Attendant-cum-Technician –Trainee will also have to apply online in the prescribed application format along with the requisite fees as indicated in this advertisement, failing which they will not be considered for the selection process.
- Physical standards indicated above are minimum pre-requisites. Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their passing the Company’s Medical Examination as per standards laid down under SAIL’s Medical and Health Policy.
- the date, time and place of the selection process will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course through uploading on SAIL website.
- Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement. Alloy Steels Plant reserves the right to reject the application and no communication in this regard will be made with the applicant.
- Vacancies shown are provisional and liable to be increased or decreased or may be reduced to nil; in which case Alloy Steels Plant is not liable to compensate the applicant for the consequential damages.
- The advertisement is available at SAIL website www.sail.co.in. Any subsequent changes if made in the employment notice shall be communicated through the website. Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated of the changes if any.
- Laptops, mobiles, wrist watches, calculators, scales and other electronic gadgets will not be allowed within the premises of examination centres.
- Bringing influence at any stage of the selection process will disqualify the candidate.
- Candidates should give clear and complete postal address of correspondence, phone number and email address. Alloy Steels Plant will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong delivery/ non-delivery of any communication at any stage of the recruitment process.
- ASP reserves the right to cancel/restrict/enlarge/modify/alter the requirements advertised, if need so arise, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereto.
- Candidates working in Govt / Semi-Govt. / Public Undertakings will have to produce “No Objection Certificate” from the present employer at the time of interview.
- Ex-servicemen are required to produce civil equivalence certificate of his / her qualification from the competent authority at the time of interview.
- If the SC/ST/OBC/PwD certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
- Only out station SC/ST candidates called for interview will be reimbursed single to and fro 2ndclass sleeper rail fare/ordinary bus fare from the normal place of correspondence to the place of interview by the shortest route on production of proof of journey performed to the candidates appearing for interview provided the distance travelled is more than 30 KM each way.
- Candidates are required to submit copy of Registration Slip and SAIL-ASP’s copy of challan with other documentary proofs for age/qualification etc. at the time of the interview or else they will not be allowed to appear in the interview.
- Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Durgapur, District Burdwan (W.B).
Important dates to remember :
- Starting date for submitting applications through Website 24.02.2014
- Closing date for submitting applications through website 25.03.2014
- Availability of Payment Reconciliation Status with edit option 01.04.2014
- Closing of payment editing option 06.04.2014
- Display of final reconciliation status 11.04.2014
- Starting date for downloading of Admit Card from SAIL website for written examination To be communicated later on through website
- Tentative Date of Written Test To be communicated later on through website
How to Apply: