Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Management Trainee through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed B.E, Bachelors Degree CA, ICWA, MCA can apply for the new recruitment notification from Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Medical Officer from 26.2.2015 to 18.3.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)|
|Vacancy Name||Management Trainee|
|Educational Qualification||B.E/B.Tech, Any Bachelors Degree CA, ICWA,MCA|
|Total No of Vacancy||346 Posts|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||18.3.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Steel Authority of India Limited|
DETAIL OF STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED (SAIL) MANAGEMENT TRAINEE RECRUITMENT:
SAIL, a Maharatna Company, is the leading steel-making company in India with a turnover of Rs.51,866 crore (FY13-14). SAIL is in the process of modernizing and expanding its production units, raw material resources and other facilities to maintain its dominant position in the Indian steel market. To man front-line executive positions in its Plant/Units/Mines, SAIL invites applications for 246 posts of Management Trainee (Technical) and 100 posts of Management Trainee (Administration) in E-1 grade from young, energetic, result oriented and promising talent in the country
- Upper Age: 30 years as on 1.2.2015, i.e., not born earlier than 1.2.1985.
- Minimum Qualification : Management Trainee (Technical) Degree in Engineering (full time) with 65% marks (average of all semesters), in the disciplines of Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgy, Electronics & Instrumentation, Ceramics, Civil, Computer Science, Mining or Chemical Engineering. For Computer Science discipline, MCA (3 years full time) with 65% marks (average of all semesters) are also eligible. Management Trainee (Administration) For HR, Marketing and Materials: Bachelors’ degree in any discipline with 60% marks (average of all subjects of all years) with at least two years full time MBA/PG Diploma in Management with 60% marks in Human Resources/Personnel Management & Industrial Relations /Personnel Management /Masters in Human Resources & Organizational Development for HR discipline, Marketing for Marketing discipline and Production/Operations/Materials/Logistics/Supply Chain Management for Materials discipline. For Finance : CA/ICWA
- Age(as on 1.2.2015):The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, by 3 years for OBC candidates and by 10 years for Physically Disabled candidates. Those domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir from 1/1/80 to 31/12/89 will be allowed 5 years relaxation in upper age limit. For departmental candidates the upper age limit shall be 45 years.
- EMOLUMENTS: The Management Trainees will be offered Basic Pay of Rs.20,600/- p.m. in the pay scale of Rs.20600-3%-46500/- (E-1). On successful completion of training of one year, the Management Trainees will be designated as Junior Managers in the same scale of pay. Besides Basic Pay, the MTs will also be paid Dearness Allowance. They will also be entitled for perquisites under cafeteria approach and benefits such as PF, Gratuity and other allowances as per rules of the Company in vogue. The CTC would be around Rs. 7.75 lakhs p.a. In addition, Company provides benefits like Leave encashment, Housing/HRA and free medical facility for self and dependents as per Company rules. Being direct recruitment on initial basic pay, the Company will not bear any liability on account of Salary/ leave salary/ pension contribution etc., of previous employment, if any.
- PLACEMENT : If selected, the candidates can be posted to any Plant/Unit location of the Company. The candidates will not be allowed to seek/ apply for transfer to any other plant/unit location of the Company for initial four years of service. For departmental candidates, this restriction will be for initial two years
- WRITTEN TEST : Eligible candidates will be required to appear for objective type written test at any one of the centres at Agartala, Allahabad, Bangalore, Baroda, Bhilai, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bokaro, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi (NCR), Durgapur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Ranchi, Rourkela, Salem, Trichy, Vijawada and Visakhapatnam. No request for change of examination centre will be entertained after final submission of application form. However, SAIL reserves the right to cancel or add any centre depending on the response in that area/centre. The written test for both the above mentioned posts will be held on the same day as per the following schedule: i) For MT(Technical) – In the Forenoon session ii) For MT(Administration) – In the Afternoon session Candidates can apply and compete for both or either of the above stated posts, subject to their fulfilling the eligibility conditions prescribed for each. Those interested in competing for both the posts will have to apply separately for each of the posts with requisite fee and also will be required to appear in the tests in both the sessions at the same centre. The written test will have five segments; Domain knowledge test (duration 75 minutes) for 100 marks and Aptitude test (duration 75 minutes) consisting of four segments viz. Quantitative aptitude, Verbal ability, Reasoning and General awareness of 25 marks each. To be eligible for GD and Interview call, a candidate will have to qualify in each of the fivesegments for the respective discipline by scoring minimum 50 percentile marks in the respective category.
- GROUP DISCUSSION AND INTERVIEW: From among those who qualify in the written test, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion (GD) and Interview in the ratio of 1:4 for each discipline, category wise, in order of merit. The GD and Interview may be held at short notice for which call letters will be uploaded on SAIL website and candidates will be intimated for the same through their emails. No other communication will be sent to the candidates for this purpose. For final selection, merit list will be drawn by combining the scores of Written test, GD and Interview with the weightage of 75:10:15 in that order.
- TRAINING & PROBATION:Candidates selected as Management Trainees will be placed on training for one year. The Management Trainees (Technical) will be registered as Apprentices under the provisions of Apprentices Act, 1961. After successful completion of training, the candidates shall be placed under probation for one year.
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED (SAIL) – MANAGEMENT TRAINEE POST:
- Candidates can apply on or before 18.3.2015
- Eligible candidates will be required to appear for a Written Examination, information for which will be provided in the Admit card. Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the Written Test will be intimated to appear for Group Discussion and Interview through careers page of SAIL website.
- Starting date for submitting applications through website 26.2.2015
- Closing date for submitting applications through website 18.3.2015
- Display of final reconciled candidature status 25.3.2015
- Starting date for downloading of Admit Card from SAIL website 23.4.2015
- Tentative date of written examination 10.5.2015
- Transparency/ display of individual scorecard ( tentative) 1 month after declaration of final results
- Candidates possessing full time degree course from Institutes approved/recognized by UGC/AICTE will only be eligible to apply. Only departmental candidates having degree/diploma through correspondence/part time course from approved/recognized institutes will be eligible to apply.
- The term departmental candidates means those candidates who are currently working with SAIL as permanent employees and not wards of SAIL employees.
- While applying the candidates should enter their full name as it appears in the matriculation/secondary certificate.
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA or letter grade in a degree is awarded; equivalent percentage of marks should be indicated in the online application form as per norms adopted by the University/Institute. Where no norms have been specified, the CGPA/OGPA will be presumed to have been provided on a 10 point scale. The candidate will have to produce a copy of these conversion norms/no norms with respect to his/her University/Institute at the time of Interview.
- If the PG Degree/Diploma in Management does not mention the area of specialization, specialization in the area will be considered only if the candidate has studied at least three subjects of the specialized course as elective subjects.
- Those candidates, who are studying in final year (academic year 2014-15) and would be expecting their final results by July, 2015 can also apply. However, they will have to produce the final certificate of eligibility qualification at the time of Interview; otherwise their candidature will not be entertained.
- Candidates employed in Govt. departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies are required to produce NOC at the time of interview.
- The SC/ST/OBC/PWD certificate should be as per the format available on SAIL website and as applicable for employment under Central Government. If the certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self- certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
- No TA will be paid to the candidates for appearing in the written test.
- Candidates may visit the FAQs section on the SAIL website for any queries.
- Candidates should retain their copy of Pay in e-receipt and Registration Slip as they can be asked to produce it for future reference.
- The posts advertised are tentative. SAIL reserves the right to cancel/restrict/enlarge/modify/alter the requirements advertised, if need so arise, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereto.
- The candidates applying against this advertisement may be considered for appointment by any of the Subsidiaries/ Joint Venture Companies of SAIL. In such case their appointment will be as per the terms and conditions of the respective Subsidiary/Joint Venture Company.
- Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Delhi
HOW TO APPLY FOR MANAGEMENT TRAINEE VACANCY IN STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED (SAIL):
Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply online only through careers page on SAIL’s website: www.sail.co.in. No other means/mode of application will be accepted. Before applying the candidates should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility norms. Their registration will be provisional as their eligibility will be verified only at the time of Interview. Mere issue of Admit card/Interview call letter will not imply acceptance of candidature. Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or even on joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or not in conformity with the eligibility criteria at any stage. Before registering their applications on the website, the candidates should possess the following: a) Valid e-mail ID, which should remain valid for atleast one year. b) Candidates should have latest passport size photograph (jpg or jpeg file only upto 50 Kb) as well as photograph of signatures in digital format (jpg or jpeg file only upto 20 kb) for uploading with the application form. c) Provision to pay examination fee of Rs.500/- for General and OBC Candidates or Rs.100/- as processing fee for SC/ST/PWD/Departmental candidates. Candidates can opt to pay through internet banking account or credit/ debit card or through any of the State Bank Group branches with system generated Payment Challan form. d) Candidates applying for both MT (Tech.) and MT (Admn.) should register separately with separate application and processing fee.
THE REGISTRATION PROCESS INVOLVES FOLLOWING THREE STEPS:
- Step 1 : Filling up of Application Go to SAIL careers page at www.sail.co.in or www.sailcareers.com. Read the Advertisement carefully to be sure about your eligibility Click on the link Apply Fill up all the required fields Ensure the information provided is correct and then submit.
- Step 2: Making Payment Click on Make payment which will take you to SB Collect page of State Bank of India, which has been authorized to collect the application fee /processing charges on behalf of SAIL, in a specially opened SB Collect account (No.3466911 9094) at Lodhi Road Branch, New Delhi. Fill the Registration No., Name, Father’s name, Date of Birth, Email Id and Mobile no. details on the Payment portal. Ensure that the same Email Id and same Mobile No. details are used during the whole registration process. Next Screen – All details of the candidate are displayed. Ensure that all the details are filled properly while making payment. Please check/verify the data on this screen and then proceed to the payment screen. SAIL or SBI will not be responsible, in case a candidate deposits the fee against a different Registration no. Submit the Payment through Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card option or select the option to pay through any State Bank Group Branches with a print out of Payment Challan form generated on Payment portal (having State Bank Collect Reference No. printed on the challan form). Candidate will have to bear the bank charges in addition to the applicable application fee /processing charge. In case of payment through challan, Application fees will be accepted only during banking hours upto the closing date of submission of online application.The SBI branches will accept the fee from 10.00 AM of the starting date to 04.00 PM ( 01.00 PM if it is Saturday) of the closing date of submission of online application. On successful payment, the candidate shall be prompted to print the e-receipt. However, in case of ‘challan’, there will be an option to print challan. Note down the SB Collect reference no. as the same would be required during Step 3 i.e. “Final registration” stage of the Registration process.
- Step 3 : Final Registration & Printing of Provisional Registration Slip Once the payment is made, the State Bank Collect Reference No. and date of payment is required to be entered in the SAIL Web site to generate the provisional Registration Slip. Candidates should retain a photocopy of their e-receipt and Registration Slip as they can be asked to produce them for reference, at any stage of selection process. In case a candidate deposits the fee in a wrong account, or doesn’t finally submit application form with payment details, application will be rejected as incomplete and SAIL will not be responsible. No request for editing of payment details and issue of Admit card will be entertained in wrong submission cases and candidature will stand rejected. After applying online, candidate is required to download the system generated Provisional Registration Slip with unique registration number and other essential details.
The candidates will be provided opportunity to verify their registered candidate status, after three days of making payment on SAIL website.
Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the application/processing fee and to fill in the payment details carefully. Failed Transaction amount will be automatically refunded to same A/c from which payment was originally made, within seven working days.
IMPORTANT : All correspondence with candidates shall be done through e-mail only. All information regarding examination schedule/admit card/ interview call letters etc. shall be provided through email/uploading on SAIL website. Responsibility of receiving, downloading and printing of admit card/interview call letter/ any other information shall be of the candidate. SAIL will not be responsible for any loss of email sent, due to invalid/wrong email ID provided by the candidate or for delay/non receipt of information if a candidate fails to access his/her mail/website in time. Candidates are not required to send any document to SAIL. The candidates will be allowed to appear in the Written Test only if they possess the valid Photo Admit Card which will be available for downloading from the SAIL website as per schedule indicated below.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER :
Last Date to Apply for this job 18.3.2015