Company Name: Steel Authority of India (SAIL)
Education:B.E/B.Tech (Metallurgical/Production Engg)
Details of Post :
SAIL, a Maharatna Company, and a leading steel-making company in India with a turnover of Rs.49350 crore (FY 2012-13), is in the process of modernizing and expanding its production units, raw material resources and other facilities to maintain its dominant position in the Indian steel market.
IISCO STEEL PLANT, a unit of SAIL, invites online applications from technically qualified and experienced professionals for recruitment to five posts of Assistant. Manager (E-2 grade) for Continuous Casting Plant at it’s state of the art 2.5 MTPA integrated steel plant presently under commissioning at Burnpur, Dt: Burdwan, West Bengal.
|Name of Post||Area/Deptt.||Grade & No. of Posts||Minimum Educational Qualification||Post Qualification Work Experience in executive cadre of a Public Limited Company (both Public & Private Sectors)
( as on 1st February, 2014)
|Assistant Manager (Operations)||Continuous Casting Plant||E-2No.of posts – 5(UR-4, OBC-1)||BE / B. Tech. in Metallurgical/ Mechanical / Production Engineering with 65 % marks (average of all semesters) from AICTE approved college or recognized University / Institution||Minimum 4 years’ hands–on working experience in Continuous Casting Plant operations, preferably in Billet / Bloom Caster.|
For Persons with Disability, 1 post is reserved on horizontal basis for orthopaedically disabled candidates having a minimum of 40 % disability.
Candidates belonging to SC/ST category may also apply against the unreserved posts provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria for unreserved category.
Upper Age Limit : 34 years as on 1st day of February, 2014.
Note: Relaxation in age will be applicable in the following manner.
OBC candidates (Non Creamy Layer) – 3 years for the post reserved for OBC.Age relaxation for PwD candidates upto 10 years & for Ex-servicemen candidates as per Govt. directives.
OBC candidates belonging to ‘Creamy layer’ are not entitled for OBC reservation and such candidates have to indicate their category as General. OBC (Non creamy layer) candidates are required to submit the requisite OBC certificate in the prescribed format issued in the current financial year (on or after 01/04/2013) by the competent authority and a self declaration in the prescribed formats as available on company’s website www.sailco.in at the time of interview.
Scale of Pay : Rs.24900- 3%-50500/-per month
Emoluments and Other Benefits: Emoluments include Basic Pay, Industrial Dearness Allowance, perquisites under cafeteria approach (upto 46% of basic pay) and other facilities such as medical facility for self & dependent family members, PF, gratuity etc. as per rules of the Company. In addition House rent allowance will be paid only where company accommodation is not available.
Probation : The selected candidates shall be placed under probation for one year before confirmation.
Selection Procedure:Written test followed by personal Interview of candidates who qualify in the written test. The written exam will be designed to test the practical knowledge (both Technical & Managerial) as well as the domain specific knowledge of the candidates in an integrated steel plant.
Physical Standards : Candidates should be of sound physique. Medical standards stipulate minimum requirements of Weight 45 kg; Height 155 cm; Myopia and Hypermetropia, if any, not to exceed ± 4.00 in each eye and no squint or colour blindness. Suitable relaxation in height and weight will be given to female candidates.
PWD candidates are required to produce valid disability certificate issued by the Medical Board duly constituted as per Govt. guidelines.
How to Apply:
- Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply online only through SAIL’s website:www.sail.co.in at the link “Careers with SAIL” No other means/mode of application shall be accepted.
- The candidates are required to upload scanned copies of their certificates, testimonials in support of their educational, professional qualifications, if any, relevant work experience etc. and recent colour photograph in the SAIL website at the time of filling their applications on-line. Thereafter, the on-line application needs to be downloaded from the said website and a printed copy of the same is required to be sent to the Office of DGM(Personnel-OD), SAIL- IISCO Steel Plant, Burnpur-713325, Dt: Burdwan, West Bengal by Speed Post so as to reach the said Office latest by 08th March, 2014.
- Before applying the candidates should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility norms. Their registration will be provisional as their eligibility will be verified only at the time of interview. Mere issue of admit card / interview call letter will not imply acceptance of candidature. Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or even on joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or not in conformity with the eligibility criteria at any stage or if candidate fails to produce valid documentary proof in support of his eligibility.
- Before registering their applications on the website the candidates should possess the following:
- Valid e-mail ID and Mobile No., which should remain valid for at least one year
- Have latest passport size coloured photograph as well as photograph of own signature, both in digital format (.jpg or jpeg file only, each not more than 500 kb size) for uploading with the application.
- Rs.500/- as examination fee for General and OBC Candidates & Rs.100/- as processing fee for SC/ST/ PWD candidates. The candidates will also be required to bear the applicable bank charges in addition to the application/ processing fee.
- Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully for online submission of application. The same will be available in the website itself.
- Candidate to upload self-attested copies of the following documents alongwith the on-line application:Certificates and mark sheets as proof of Age, Educational / Professional Qualification,Registration of Respective Council wherever applicable.Experience Certificate(s).Caste/ Category certificate in the prescribed format from the appropriate authority if applicable After applying online, the candidate is required to download the system generated Registration Slip with unique registration number.
Payment through Pay-in –Slip:
State Bank of India has been authorized to collect the application and processing fee, in a specially opened “Power Jyoti” account No. -31932241266 at Burnpur, on behalf of IISCO Steel Plant, SAIL. Candidate has to approach the nearby SBI branch with a printout of the “SBI Challan” which is available on the Application Registration Portal. The SBI Challan printed from the Portal only should be used for depositing the fee for proper crediting of amount in the allocated account. On receipt of the money, the concerned branch of SBI will issue a unique Journal Number and a Branch Code of the branch collecting the money. This Journal Number and the Branch Code are to be filled up by the candidate during online registration. In case a candidate deposits the fee in a wrong account, or doesn’t finally submit the application form with payment details, IISCO Steel Plant will not be responsible. There will not be any other mode of collection of application/ processing fee. Also, please note that the candidate will have to bear the Bank Charges to be paid to the collection branch of SBI in addition to the applicable application/ processing fee. The SBI branches will accept the fee during banking hours up to the closing date of submission of online application. The candidates will be provided opportunity to verify their payment status after reconciliation on SAIL website and edit the payment details in case of wrong submission of Journal No. or Branch Code. No request for editing the payment details and issue of Admit card after closure of edit option will be entertained in wrong submission cases and candidature will stand rejected. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the application/processing fee and to fill in the payment details carefully.
All correspondence with candidates shall be done through e-mail/SMS only. All information regarding examination schedule/admit card/ result of written exam/ interview schedule and call letters/ intimation regarding final selection etc. shall be provided through email/uploading on SAIL website. IISCO Steel Plant will not be responsible for any loss of email sent, due to invalid/wrong email ID provided by the candidate or for delay/non receipt of information if a candidate fails to access his / her email/website in time.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply against this advertisement.
- Before applying the candidate should read all the instructions to ensure about his/her eligibility. Candidates who do not fulfil the eligibility criteria need not apply.
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA or letter grade in a degree is awarded, equivalent percentage of marks should be indicated in the online application form as per norms adopted by the University/Institute. The candidate will have to produce a copy of these norms with respect to his/her University/Institute at the time of Interview. Where no norms have been specified, the CGPA/OGPA will be presumed to have been provided on a 10 point scale
- Candidates working in Govt./Semi-Govt./ Public undertakings should apply through proper channel / should produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their present employer at the time of interview.
- Certificates of SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates should have been issued by the appropriate Authority (as per the prescribed proforma given on SAIL website – www.sail.co.in). For OBC (NCL), the certificate should have been issued on or after 01/04/2013 -the current financial year). OBC candidates who belong to “Creamy Layer” are not entitled to any relaxation.
- If the SC/ST/OBC certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
- Ex-servicemen are required to produce civil equivalence certificate of his / her qualification from the competent authority at the time of interview.
- While applying the candidates should enter their full name as it appears in the matriculation / secondary certificate and give clear and complete postal address, mobile numbers and e-mail address for correspondence; IISCO Steel Plant (ISP) will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong delivery / non-delivery of any communication at any stage of the recruitment process.
Important dates to remember :
- Starting date for submitting applications through website 07th February, 2014
- Closing date for submitting applications through website 28th February, 2014
- Availability of Payment Reconciliation Status with edit option 05th March, 2014
- Closing of payment editing option 08th March, 2014
- Display of final reconciliation status 12th March, 2014
How to Apply: