Company Name: Steel Authority of India (SAIL)
Position:Mining Foreman, Mining Mate
Education:Matriculation and Diploma, PG
Experience:1 (one) year
Details of Post :
Mining Foreman, Mining Mate
SAIL, a Maharatna Company, and a leading steel-making company in India with a turnover of Rs. 49350 crore (FY 2012-13) is in the process of modernizing and expanding its production units, raw material resources and other facilities to maintain its dominant position in the Indian steel market.
Raw Materials Division (RMD), the controlling unit of captive mines of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) invites applications from eligible persons for filling up 25 (twenty five) posts of Mining Foreman* and 39 (thirty nine) posts of Mining Mate* for posting in its various mines as detailed below:-
i) Upper Age Limit : 28 years as on 01.02.2014 (Minimum age – 18 years)
ii) Essential Qualification & Experience :
|Post||Mining Foreman||Mining Mate|
|Essential Qualification as on 01.02.2014||Matriculation and Diploma in Mining along with Mining Foreman’s Certificate of Competency under MMR 1961 from the Competent Authority||Matriculation along with Mining Mate’s Certificate of Competency under MMR 1961 from the Competent Authority|
|Experience as on 01.02.2014||Post qualification experience of minimum 1 (one) year in the capacity of Mining Foreman||Post qualification experience of minimum 1 (one) year in the capacity of Mining Mate|
Relaxation in upper age limit: Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates with respect to posts reserved for them. Ex-servicemen candidates will be granted age relaxation as per Govt. directives.
Note: OBC candidates belonging to ‘Creamy layer’ are not entitled for OBC reservation and relaxation and such candidates have to indicate their category as General. OBC (Non creamy layer) candidates are required to submit the requisite OBC certificate in the prescribed format issued in the current financial year (on or after 01/04/2013) by the competent authority and a self declaration in the prescribed formats as available on company’s website www.sail.co.in at the time of interview.
MODE OF SELECTION: Eligible candidates will be required to appear in the Written examination. Candidates short listed on the basis of their performance in the Written Test will be required to appear in the Interview. Date, Time & Place of the Written Test and Interview will be intimated to eligible / shortlisted candidates through e-mail / SAIL website www.sail.co.in.
EMOLUMENTS & OTHER BENEFITS:
|Post||Mining Foreman||Mining Mate|
|Scale of Pay||Rs.9160 – 3% – 13150/-||Rs.8630 – 3% – 12080/-|
|Emoluments & other Benefits & Perquisites||Basic Pay and Industrial DA, reimbursement of local travelling expenses and other facilities such as medical facility for self and dependant family members, company accommodation as per availability, Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity, LTC etc. as admissible under rules of the Company.|
HOW TO APPLY:
- Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply online only through SAIL’s websitewww.sail.co.in at the link “Careers with SAIL”. No other mode of application shall be accepted. To apply, candidates may click at the link of the post & submit information online in the appropriate fields.
- Before applying the candidates should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility norms. Their registration will be provisional as their eligibility will be verified only at the time of interview. Mere issue of admit card / interview call letter will not imply acceptance of candidature. Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or even on joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or not in conformity with the eligibility criteria at any stage or if the candidate fails to produce valid documentary proof in support of his eligibility.
- Candidates are advised to read carefully instructions for online submission of application. The same will be available in the website. Before registering their application on the website, candidates should ensure the following:-
- Possess a Valid e-mail ID and Mobile No., which should remain valid for at least one year.
- Pay in Slip (SBI Challan) of ? 250/- for the post of Mining Foreman and ? 150/- for the post of Mining Mate as Application and Processing fee for General/OBC candidates. SC/ST candidates to possess Pay in Slip of ? 50/- only as Processing fee. The Pay in Slip is to be downloaded from the website after filling in the required details.
- Candidates should have latest passport size coloured photograph as well as photograph of own signature in digital format (.jpg or jpeg file only, each less than 500 kb size) for uploading with the application.
- While submitting the application online, candidates should note that Category (General/SC/ST/OBC) once submitted in the application cannot be changed and no benefit of other category will be subsequently admissible.
- While applying the candidates should enter their full name as it appears in the matriculation/secondary certificate. In case of change of name at a later stage, necessary documentary proof to be submitted at the time of interview.
- After applying online, the candidate is required to download the system generated Registration Slip with unique registration number and other essential details and retain a copy of the same.
- Candidates are not required to send any document to Raw Materials Division at this stage. The candidates will be allowed to appear in the Written Test only if they possess the valid Photo Admit Card which will be available for downloading from the SAIL website. However, candidates shortlisted for interview would be required to furnish documents regarding proof of date of birth, qualification, experience, category etc. at the time of interview.
- While filling the online application, candidates must carefully follow all the steps. Incomplete application/ application without fee / application not fulfilling any eligibility criteria will be rejected summarily. No communication will be entertained from the applicants in this regard.
MODE OF PAYMENT OF FEE:
- State Bank of India (SBI) has been authorized to collect the application / processing fee in a specially opened Account (No.32469839252) at SBI, CAG Branch, Kolkata, on behalf of SAIL/RMD. Candidate has to approach any State Bank of India branch (having Core Banking facilities) with a printout of the “SBI challan” which is available on the Application Registration Portal. The SBI challan printed from the portal only should be used for depositing the fee for proper crediting of amount in the allocated account. Candidates should retain a copy of the bank challan with them. On receipt of the money, the concerned branch of SBI will issue a unique Journal Number and the Branch Code of the Bank. The Journal Number and the Branch Code are to be filled up by the candidate during online registration. Also, please note that the candidate will have to bear the Bank Charges (? 20/-) to be paid to the collection branch of SBI in addition to the applicable Application/ Processing fee. The SBI branches will accept the fee during banking hours upto the closing date of submission of online application. Fee shall not be collected by any other mode. In case a candidate deposits the fee in a wrong account, or doesn’t finally submit the application form with payment details, Raw materials Division will not be responsible.
- The candidates will be provided opportunity to verify their payment status after reconciliation on SAIL website and edit the payment details in case of wrong submission of Journal No. or Branch Code. No request for editing the payment details and issue of Admit card after closure of edit option will be entertained in wrong submission cases and candidature will stand rejected. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the application/processing fee and to fill in the payment details carefully.
IMPORTANT: All correspondence with candidates shall be done through e-mail only. All information regarding “Test Schedule/Admit Card/Interview Call Letters etc.” shall be provided through email/SMS/uploading on SAIL website. Candidates must download/ print their Admit Card/Interview Call Letter once it is made available on the application portal. SAIL/RMD will not be responsible for any loss of email/SMS sent, due to invalid or wrong email ID/ Mobile Number provided by the candidate or for delay / non-receipt of information if a candidates fails to access his/her email/Mobile in time. Candidates will be allowed to appear in the Written Test only if they possess valid Admit Card.
- Candidates not fulfilling the required criteria need not apply.
- Candidate must be an Indian national possessing requisite qualification from an Institute recognized by State Govt. /Central Govt.
- Candidates claiming benefit of reservation should submit Caste Certificates in the format for appointment to posts under Government of India/ Central Government/ Public Sector Undertaking (format available on our website www.sail.co.in) issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- If the SC/ST certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
- Ex-servicemen are required to produce civil equivalence certificate of his / her qualification from the competent authority at the time of interview.
- Ex-servicemen are also required to produce their discharge certificate in original at the time of interview.
- Candidates sponsored by Local employment exchange will have to apply in the prescribed format in the prescribed system along with requisite application/processing fees failing which they will not be considered.
- Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is found not to be in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement. Raw Materials Division reserves the right to reject the applications and no communication in this regard will be made with the applicant.
- Raw Materials Division reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the above positions without assigning any reason whatsoever. Raw Materials Division is not liable to compensate the applicant for the consequential damages, if any, arising out of the aforesaid.
- The candidates, after selection, can be posted in any of the mines of RMD mentioned in the advertisement, where vacancy exists.
- The medical standards indicated above are minimum pre-requisites. However, appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their passing the Company’s Medical Fitness examination as per standards laid down under SAIL’s Medical & Health Policy.
- Bringing influence at any stage of the selection process will disqualify the candidate.
- The advertisement is available on SAIL website : www.sail.co.in. Any subsequent changes if made in the employment notice shall be communicated through the website. Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated of the changes if any.
- Candidates employed in Govt. Departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies will have to produce NOC from the present employer at the time of Interview.
- No request for change of examination centre will be entertained after final submission of application form. However, Raw Materials Division reserves the right to cancel or add any center depending on the response in that area/centre.
- No Traveling Expenses would be payable to candidates called for Written Test. Outstation candidates belonging to SC/ST categories, attending the interview, will be reimbursed 2nd Class; single to and fro Railway fare/Bus fare from the declared place of correspondence to the place of interview by the shortest route on production of original ticket(s), provided the distance covered by rail or road is more than 30 kilometers each way.
- Candidates should retain their copy of Pay in Slip (SBI Challan) and Registration Slip as they can be asked to produce it for future reference.
- Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Kolkata.
Registered Office – Ispat Bhawan, Lodhi Road, New Delhi- 110 003 There’s a little bit of SAIL in everybody’s life
Important dates to remember :
|1||Starting date for submitting applications through website||:||17.03.2014|
|2||Closing date for submitting applications through website||:||29.03.2014|
|3||Availability of Payment Reconciliation Status with edit option||:||—|
|4||Closing of payment editing option||:||—|
|5||Display of final reconciliation status||:||—|
|6||Starting date for downloading of Admit Card from SAIL website for written examination||:||To be communicated through website|
|7||Tentative Date of Written Test||:|
How to Apply: