Company Name: SumTotal Systems
Position:Technical Support Engineer Role
Education:BE/B.Tech, ME/M.Tech, MCA
Experience:0 – 2 yrs
Technical Support Engineer will play a critical role in providing technical assistance for SumTotal’s global customer base. As a member of SumTotal Customer Support, Technical Support Engineers provide real-time technical support on SumTotal Enterprise products through e-mail and phone interactions with customers and by using SumTotal’s internal incident tracking system. The fundamental goal of this position is to help our customers achieve success using our products. The job involves handling and resolving complex technical queries and issues in the areas of product functionality or architecture and defect correction
1. Developing a deep knowledge of SumTotal’s range of enterprise products
2. Solve basic common user problems in real time, including software functionality problems and questions; data communication/networking troubleshooting; installation problems and questions; and OS and browser related issues
3. Communicating with corporate customers via telephone, email, or other media as applicable regarding technically complex problems identified in 4. SumTotal’s software products, and maintaining effective customer relations
5. Escalate top priority, production-critical issues to the appropriate technical staff
6. Maintain ownership of issues until resolution, drive other teams as needed, set customer expectations accordingly.
7. Resolve incidents in a timely manner as per SLA’s.
8. Provide guidance, assistance, and mentoring support to junior team members
1. Technical and practical expertise in Windows 2000 Server, IIS, ASP, .Net, SQL Server or Oracle
2. Strong customer service focus
3. Good problem solving skills
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Ability to grow and work in a team
6. Graduation in Engineering / Sciences or a Post graduate degree in Computer Sciences
7. Freshers and experienced (0-2) candidates can apply for this position
8. Background in application support & SAAS environment is advantageous
9. Must be willing to work in shifts
SumTotal is dedicated to partnering with our customers to create great places to work. We break down barriers. We reject complexity and embrace simplicity. We believe that people want to give their best and be great at their jobs. With the tools to do their jobs, people are free to be whatever they can imagine and whatever your people can dream, your business can do.
How to Apply: