1. Design, Install, upgrade, administer, monitor, patch, and clone Oracle 9i/10g/11gR2 databases in RAC and non-RAC environments.
2. Optimizes system/database operations and resource utilization and performs system capacity analysis and planning.
3. Monitors and supports quarterly Oracle patches/upgrade and database configuration across environments.
4. Database performance tuning at system and application levels, for dev and production databases
5. Develop stored procedures and other database objects to implement some business logics in the database
6. Design and manage database security, roles, and profiles.
7. Design and Implement disaster recovery plans..
8. Develop scripts for database task scheduling, monitoring and maintenance.
9. Support all non-production databases including installation, upgrade, backup, recovery, database refresh, and multi-language support.
10. Design, Install, configure, and monitor Golden Gate Replication 11gR2.
11. Design, Install, configure and administer OEM Grid control 12c.
12. Configure monitoring and setup alerts using OEM Grid Control 12c.
Company Name: Symantec Corporation
Position: Oracle DBA
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: 1 – 3 yrs
1. 1-3 years experience in design/manage/administer Oracle 9i/10g/11g databases on RAC and non-RAC 24 x 7 environments.
2. Knowledge in Oracle Streams/Golden Gate and/or Shareplex or any other real time replication technology.
3. 1-3 years experience with Oracle database architecture in a RAC and Data Guard configuration.
4. Knowledge of patching, cloning, Enterprise Manager Cloud /Grid Control 12c, security, RMAN backup and recovery procedures.
5. Experience in managing large and highly transactional oracle databases.
6. Experience with Linux/AIX/Solaris operating system is desirable.
7. Knowledge in troubleshooting skills and ability to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
8. Knowledge in Unix Shell scripting.
9. Good understanding of SDLC processes for database & application management
Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
The IT Global Apps Group delivers business value and application transformation at Symantec through world-class design and development teams utilizing state of the art software and cloud technologies. Global Apps powers innovation through Information Technology and we are currently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference.
How to Apply: