Company Name: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
Position: Various Post
Education: S.S.C, ITI, Graduate
Details of Post :
Applications are invited for the following posts tenable at Mumbai :
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (B) :
- One Post [Scheduled Tribe] ; Pay Band (PB-1) : Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay : Rs.2000/- ; TME : Rs.19,752/- ; HQ : Mumbai.
- Qualification : i) S.S.C. OR equivalent. (ii) Two years ITI (National Trade Certificate) in the trade of Electronics with minimum 60% marks OR three years NCTVT (National Apprenticeship Certificate) in the trade of Electronics with minimum 60% marks.
- Experience : Minimum two years experience in the case of two years ITI and minimum one year experience in the case of three years NCTVT after passing of trade course in wiring of electronic circuits, checking and testing of electronic circuits and making of PCB layouts.
- Desirable : i) Preference will be given to candidates who have passed S.S.C. with more than 60% marks in aggregate. (ii) Familiarity with use of PCs for making PCB layout.
- Age : Below 33 years.
TEMPORARY HOUSEKEEPING CO-ORDINATOR :
- One Post [Unreserved] ; temporary for an initial period of six months which may be renewed for another six months ; Consolidated Pay : Rs.28,000/- p.m. (all inclusive) ; HQ : Mumbai.
- Qualification: i) Bachelor of Hotel Management in Hospitality or equivalent (ii) Fluency in English, and knowledge of Marathi will be preferred. (iii) Thorough knowledge of modern housekeeping techniques and the latest cleaning technology, hygiene and safety standards. (iv) Knowledge of various chemicals and cleaning equipments. (v) Knowledge of inventory management and budgeting. (vi) Working knowledge of MS Office. (vii) Knowledge of textiles, fabrics, interior design and floriculture.
- Experience : i) Progression through various positions in the housekeeping department in handling housekeeping operations will be preferred. (ii) Experience in refurbishment and renovation of rooms, lobby and F & B outlets. (iii) High aesthetics sense, an artistic eye and good design sense will be preferred.
- Job Requirement : He/She will lead the Housekeeping department, in order to achieve and maintain the highest standards in cleanliness, hygiene and comfort. He/She is expected to achieve total guest satisfaction by providing service, which is the best in class through effective utilization of all resources.
- Job Responsibilities : The following will be main responsibilities :
- Supervise and direct the daily activities of all Housekeeping staff who are responsible for the efficient and smooth operation of the department.
- Lay down service standards regarding cleanliness, amenities, maintenance in rooms and public areas and ensure safety regarding personal items of the guests and adherence to these.
- Efficiently manage the inventory of supplies, linen and equipment.
- Monitor and control consumption of guest and cleaning supplies, devise methods for optimal usage of cleaning supplies.
- Ensure thorough regular monitoring of guest feedback, prompt, efficient and accurate service to all guests.
- Be informed on the daily room position and detailed information regarding arrivals, their room requirements and expected departures of the day.
- Cross check Housekeeping occupancy report and inform the Duty Manager about any discrepancies.
- Keep the Guest house reception and security informed about any suspicious incidents. Ensure that all safety measures are taken in housekeeping and other function of the Guest house.
- Ensure good ready room to be allotted to the guest. Ensure every guest has a smooth and quick check-in and assisted by the staff.
- Ensure that all guest/internal correspondence is filed and maintained systematically and all messages are transmitted in time and also that messages are sent to the guests with regard to any requests from them.
- Plan and implement preventive maintenance and cleaning schedules for rooms and public areas and submit daily reports of room inspection and performance of the housekeeping staff to Reporting Officer
- Co-ordinate with the front office on releasing of rooms and special guest requests.
- Ensure all the complaints from the guests are handled delicately and informed to the Reporting Officer.
- Co-ordinate with the concerned officer in the area of repair & maintenance, refurbishment, renovation etc.
- Develop training activities within the Guest house for housekeeping and desk staff.
- Address any grievance and counseling issues among the department staff.
- Age : Below 28 years.
TRAINEE CLERK (A) :
- One Post ; for a period of one year ; Stipend : Rs.15,000/- p.m. (all inclusive) ; HQ : Mumbai.
- Qualification: i) Graduate from a recognized university (ii) Knowledge of typing and use of personal computers and applications.
- Desirable: Knowledge of handling cash track machines and handling canteen store.
- Age : 28 years.
- TME : Total Monthly Emoluments.
General Information :
- Appointment for the post at sr.no. 1 will be initially for a period of three years, including probation period of one year. Continuing appointment beyond the initial period of three years will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. After successful review, the appointment is continued till superannuation age, which is sixty.
- Prescribed age should not exceed as on January 1, 2014 for the above posts.
- Post/s for general category (unreserved) – SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates can also apply.
- Selected candidates for the post at sr. nos. 2 & 3 will be required to work in shifts.
- Selected candidate for the post at sr. no. 1 will be governed by the New Pension Scheme applicable to the Central Government service [unless she/he is already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972].
- Applications giving full details together with copies of relevant certificates/testimonials in the following format and superscribing the post applied for & Serial Number of the post on the envelope should reach Head, Establishment within 15 days from the date of publication of this advertisement.
Application format :
- (1) Advertisement Number. (2) Name & Serial Number of the post. (3) Name of the applicant. (4) (a) Date of birth (attach photocopy of certificate). (b) Age as on January 1, 2014. (5) Nationality. (6) Whether belonging to SC/ST/OBC (attach photocopy of certificate). (7) Disability (attach photocopy of certificate). (8) Permanent address. (9) Address for correspondence. (10) Telephone numbers for contact. (a) Landline (b) Mobile. (11) Email address. (12) Qualifications (attach photocopies of all certificates and mark lists of all semesters/years). (13) Experience with details of organization, post held, scale of pay, basic pay (attach photocopies of certificates). (14) Names & addresses of two referees (attach certificates). (15) Have you at any time been called for interview in the Institute? If so, give details. (16) Signature of the candidate. Submission of photocopies of all the certificates/mark sheets stated in the application are essential.
- Incomplete applications and applications without photocopies of certificates and applications received after the last date shall not be considered. Applicants in Government/Semi-Government/Public Sector Undertaking must apply through proper channel. Applicants who do not send their applications through proper channel, if called, will be interviewed only upon submission of an NOC from the competent authority, prior to the interview.
- Outstation candidates called for interview for the post at sr. no. 1 will be paid single second class return train fare for the journey by the shortest route from the nearest railway station of their place of residence to the place of interview on the production of photocopies of onward and return journey tickets. However, these candidates will have to bear the fare for the first 30 kms. both ways.
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for interview. More vacancies may also be filled through this advertisement. The Institute reserves the right not to fill any/some posts herein advertised. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate. Please refer TIFR website also http://www.tifr.res.in/positions for details.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 13-02-2014
How to Apply: