Company Name: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Position: Junior Works Manager (Mechanical)
Education: BE programme Level
Details of Post :
Junior Works Manager (Mechanical)
Reference: Union Public Service Commission’s Advertisement No. 08/2013 published on 08.06.2013, Vacancy No. 13060808608, Item No. 08, with closing date of submission of Online Application being 23:59 Hrs. on 27.06.2013 for recruitment to 154 posts of Junior Works Manager (Mechanical) in Ordnance Factory Board, Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence. In terms of the provisions contained in the above advertisement, the Commission have decided to conduct a COMPUTER BASED RECRUITMENT TEST for these posts on 09.03.2014 Sunday) in the Forenoon Session from 10:00 A.M to 12:00 Noon (candidates reporting time at exam centre is 08:30 AM) at the following Centres. Only such candidates who qualify recruitment test and satisfy/fulfill all the eligibility conditions shall be called for interview:
Scheme of the Test:
- The test will be of two hours duration and will carry a maximum of 100 marks.
- The test will be of objective type questions with multiple choices answers.
- The level of the question papers will be of the BE programme of Indian Universities.
- The medium of the test will be English only.
- There will be penalty for wrong answers. Every wrong answer will carry a deduction of one-third of the marks assigned to that question. If no answer is marked for a question, there will be no penalty for that question.
Syllabus of the Test: Statics and Dynamics, Kinematics and Dynamics of Machines, Machine Design, Mechanics of Solids, Production Technology, Manufacturing Science including Machine Tools, Metrology, Industrial Engineering, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Material Science, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
- NOTE-I: INTIMATION ABOUT VENUE OF THE RECRUITMENT TEST WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO THE CANDIDATES IN DUE COURSE.
- NOTE-II: RESPECTIVE WEIGHTAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT TEST AND INTERVIEWS SHALL BE AS DECIDED BY THE COMMISSION
- NOTE-III: NO REQUEST FOR CHANGE OF EXAM CENTRE WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 09.03.2014
How to Apply: