Company Name: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Position: Group ‘A’ & More Vacancies
Details of Post :
Group ‘A’ & More Vacancies
- Name of the Posts:
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Total No of Posts: 1291
- Age : Candidates age should be above 21 years and below 32 years as on 01-08-2014 i.e., he/ she must have been born not earlier than 02-08-1982 and not later than 01-08-1993. The upper age relaxation is 05 years for SC/ ST, 03 years for OBC and 10 years for PH candidates. Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
- Educational : Candidates must possess Degree or equivalent qualification of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University.
Application Fee: Candidates need to Pay Rs.100/- either by online or offline mode. No Fee for Female/ SC/ ST/ PH candidates.
Online Mode: Candidates can pay the prescribed fee through online mode by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ Sate Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card up to 30-06-2014 at 23.59 hrs.
Offline Mode: Candidates can pay the prescribed fee through ‘Pay by Cash’ mode, take print out of system generated Pay in slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only up to 29-06-2014 at 23.50 hrs.
Selection Process: The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages. Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination and Civil Services Main Examination (Written and Interview).
- Candidates should scan their photograph and signature for uploading.
- Log on to www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Click on ‘Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC’.
- Click on Part I Registration link which consists of personal details.
- After filling up all marked details of Part I, click on ‘Continue’ button.
- This will provide you with Registration ID, retain it.
- Enter the payment details in the appropriate place & Pay the Fee (if applicable).
- If the candidate has opted for the fee remission in the PART-I Registration these payment option and pages will not be shown to him and he will be directed to the photograph & signature specimen uploading page.
- To fill up Part II of Application, Registration Number and Date of Birth must be entered.
- Fill all marked details in the application form, upload photo & signature.
- After submission of all the details click on ‘Submit’ button and take the print of the hard copy of application form and retain it for future use.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates may apply online through the UPSC website http://www.upsconline.nic.in from 31-05-2014 to 30-06-2014 till 11.59 PM. Retain printed copy of application form for future use.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 30-06-2014
How to Apply: