United Nations Development Programme(UNDP) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of International Consultant through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.A, MBA, Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the International Consultant Job on or before 31.03.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process,Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||United Nations Development Programme(UNDP)|
|Vacancy Name||International Consultant|
|Educational Qualification||M.A, MBA/PGDM, M.Phil/Ph.d|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||31.03.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Across India|
DETAIL OF UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP) INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT RECRUITMENT:
- Location : UNDP Vientiane Office, LAO PDR
- Application Deadline : 31-Mar-15
- Additional Category Millennium Development Goals
- Type of Contract : Individual Contract
- Post Level : International Consultant
- Languages Required : English
- Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 13-Apr-2015
- Duration of Initial Contract : 8 months (160 working days)
- Expected Duration of Assignment : 8 months (160 working days)
- Background Since 1983 the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR) has been participating in the Round Table Process (RTP), with the support from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and recently also by the Government of Luxembourg. The RTP serves as the primary platform for in-depth dialogue between the Government of Lao PDR and Development Partners on key development issues. Initially, the RTMs were held tri-annually in Geneva. However, since 1999 the Round Table Meeting has turned the meeting that merely a one-off meeting held every three years into a continuing process held in country, and since then called the Round Table Process. The Round Table Process primarily consists of three main mechanisms – High Level Round Table Meetings (RTMs), annual Round Table Implementation Meetings (RTIMs) and 10 Sector/Thematic Working Groups (SWGs/TWGs). The Government of Lao PDR, under the leadership of the Department of International Cooperation (DIC), Ministry of Planning and Investment, is managing the Round Table Process as part of the roles and responsibility outlined in the Prime Minister Decree No 75 on Official Development Assistance (ODA). From UNDP, the RTP work is rested under the responsibility of the Poverty Reduction Unit, and under a supervision of the senior management of UNDP Lao PDR. In October/November 2015, the 12th High Level Round Table Meeting will be organised in Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. The 2015 HL RTM is organized in conjunction with the finalization of the next five years development plan (8th National Socio-Economic Development Plan – NSEDP 2016-2020) and the final year of the MDG implementation, as well as the roll out of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Therefore, the organization of the 2015 RTM need to ensure common understanding of the national priorities and better responses by both government and development partners to the country need for the next five year, especially in preparing the Lao PDR for the graduation of the LDC status. In order to prepare for this year’s high level and important meeting, the UNDP is seeking a qualified international consultant to provide technical assistance and advisory to UNDP country office in preparation for the h 2015 HL RTM and any associated activities.
- Duties and Responsibilities The International Consultant will be based at UNDP Lao PDR Office and work in close cooperation with Poverty Reduction Unit, the UN Resident Coordinator Office or under the supervision of the UNDP Deputy Resident Representative (DRR) and overall guidance of UN Resident Coordinator/ UNDP Resident Representative. The consultant will require to liaise regularly with the Department of International Cooperation (DIC), Ministry of Planning and Investment and the Development Partners to manage expectations from both sides by ensuring a better understanding of related tasks leading up to the 2015 High Level Round Table Meeting. During his/her assignment, the Consultant will perform the following tasks: Coordinate with DPs especially the sounding group to consult and discuss with them on issues concerning the development and preparation of the High Level RTM;
- Through collecting feedback from DPs and with government, follow up implementation of issues discussed from previous RT forum and maintain an update of result table/matrix. This includes providing UNDP CO an updated list of issues raised by DPs that need special attentions and provide credible recommendations/advices on tacking the issues;
Suggest a set of benchmarks for measuring performance of Sector Working Groups and how they can more effectively contribute to the RTM;
Liaise with DIC team, especially with the RTP National Consultant to have a joint calendar of events/consultations…etc and RTM monitoring plan etc leading up to the 2015 HL RTM;
Assist UNDP in preparation of Development Partners related activities/events leading up to the RTM, such as (1) the meeting of chairs and co-chairs SWGs; (2) Informal Development Partner meetings; and (3) the Deputy level DP meetings. The support required by the consultant also includes preparation of meeting documents/materials, agenda setting and notes for the UNDP Resident Representative;
Work with the Poverty Reduction Unit and the UN RC office to have common messages and strategic communications to development partners (including UN agencies) with regards to various events leading up to the 2015 HL RTM
Take note and prepare necessary reports for relevant meetings attended and the RTM itself;
Provide UNDP CO an updated list of issues raised by DPs that need special attentions and provide credible recommendations/advices on tacking the issues;
Technically guide UNDP CO on substantive dialogues and coordination with the Government and DPs regarding development issues in the country in order to feed into preparation of the 2015 HL RTM and the further of RTP;
Provide both UNDP and government on the changing dynamic of aid environment at both global and regional level, and identify key emerging development partners;
Faciliate and coordinate the 2015 HL RTM invitation process (DP side such as list of DPs invited, confirmed, etc);
Assist UNDP CO in preparation of the high level visit from UNDP HQ to the 2015 HL RTM, such as prepare briefing package, agenda/programme setting, background notes, etc as required by UNDP CO and HQ offices;
As part of the UNDP team, review and provide comments on key documents, substantive products and references for the RTM Work closely with the Poverty Reduction Team, the RTP National Consultant and other international consultants supporting the preparation of the Background Document to ensure a synergy and effective collaboration among the team; Perform any other relevant tasks as requested by UNDP.
- Competencies Functional Competencies: Strong technical macro-economic background; Strong analytical and written skills; Result oriented, patient, and hands-on with good team skills; Knowledge of Lao PDR’s development situation and key issues is a strong advantage; Knowledge of UNDP or UN system; Strong interpersonal skill and experience in relationship building; Excellent computer skills (Word, excel, internet, outlook, Adobe Design Suite, etc.). Core Competencies: Demonstrates leadership, team building and coordinating skills; Demonstrates commitment to human development principles and values; Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability; Shares knowledge and experience; Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills; Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities; Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Required Skills and Experience Education: Post Graduate degree (Master/ PhD) in Economics, Development Economics, and International Development, Public Administration or related fields. Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in development work and project/programme management and donor coordination; Prior experience with government, UNDP/UN agencies or other international organization; Knowledge and experience in Round Table Process, MDGs and Aid/Development Effectiveness is considered an asset Demonstrate knowledge and understand of politics in development; Extensive experience with an in depth understanding of government/donor coordination mechanisms i.e. round table process or others; Experiences working with National Government and Development Partners in the ASEAN region; Prior experience with UNDP/UN agencies and relevant work experience in Lao PDR or other developing countries, preferably in the Asia Pacific region. Language: Excellent command of English.
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP)- INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT POST:
- Candidates can apply on or before 31.03.2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
HOW TO APPLY FOR INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT VACANCY IN UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP):
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence
Qualified candidates are requested to apply online via this website. The application should contain: Cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the advertised position. Please paste the letter into the “Resume and Motivation” section of the electronic application; Filled P11 form including past experience in similar projects and contact details of referees (blank form can be downloaded from http://europeandcis.undp.org/files/hrforms/P11_modified_for_SCs_and_ICs.doc ); please upload the P11 instead of your CV; Financial Proposal* – specifying a total lump sum amount in USD for the tasks specified in this announcement. The financial proposal shall include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (number of anticipated working days, travel, per diems and any other possible costs); Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure you have provided all requested materials. Please group all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document. *Please note that the financial proposal is all-inclusive and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant/contractor during the contract period (e.g. fee, health insurance, vaccination and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services…). All envisaged travel costs must be included in the financial proposal. Payments will be made only upon confirmation of UNDP on delivering on the contract obligations in a satisfactory manner. Individual Consultants are responsible for ensuring they have vaccinations/inoculations when travelling to certain countries, as designated by the UN Medical Director. Consultants are also required to comply with the UN security directives set forth under dss.un.org General Terms and conditions as well as other related documents can be found under: http://on.undp.org/t7fJs Qualified women and members of minorities are encouraged to apply. Due to large number of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER :
Last Date to Apply for this job 31.03.2015