United Nations Development Programme(UNDP) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of International Consultant through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the International Consultant Job on or before 03.04.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||United Nations Development Programme(UNDP)|
|Vacancy Name||International Consultant|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||03.04.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Across India|
DETAIL OF UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP) INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT RECRUITMENT:
- Location : Home-based, two missions to Podgorica, Montenegro
- Application Deadline : 03-Apr-15
- Type of Contract : Individual Contract
- Post Level : International Consultant
- Languages Required : English
- Duration of Initial Contract : Estimated April – October 2015
- Expected Duration of Assignment : Approximately 40 working days
- Duties and Responsibilities Objectives of the assignment: The Mitigation Assessment will focus on clearly defined objectives and emphasize implementation. The results will facilitate the national mitigation action and planning, will enable recognition of the mitigation efforts in the country, as well as will link the national mitigation action to international support. The scope of the sectorial mitigation assessments will include an analysis of related legislation, policies and programmes that facilitate the rapid implementation of mitigation technologies and practices, as well as – to the extent possible – the macro-economic impact of the mitigation options (including possibilities for green jobs creation). The EU approximation process and international requirements deriving from UNFCCC as guiding principles for development will be taken into consideration while doing the analyses within the FBUR.
- Corporate competencies: Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards; Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UN/UNDP; Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Functional competencies: Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting; Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback; Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude; Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills; Demonstrates ability to manage complexities and work under pressure, as well as conflict resolution skills. Capability to work effectively under deadline pressure and to take on a range of responsibilities; Ability to work in a team, good decision-making skills.
- Education: University degree in the thematic areas relevant to the assignment (e.g. technical or environmental sciences); MSc. will be considered as an asset.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the fields relevant for the assignment (climate change, with emphasis/preference on the mitigation measures); Track record of at least 2 projects that involve climate change, including development of mitigation measures and scenarios; Publications in areas relevant to the project (climate change mitigation, energy planning, or mitigation in any of the sectors listed above) would be a strong asset; Czech Republic´s experience in managing climate change/reach out to relevant counterparts is required; relevant International experience shall be considered as asset;
- Minimum 2 assignments as a Team Leader or Key Expert.
- Language skills: Fluency in English with excellent writing skills.
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP)- INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT POST:
- Candidates can apply on or before 03.04.2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
HOW TO APPLY FOR INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT VACANCY IN UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP):
Qualified candidates are requested to apply online via this website. The application should contain: Cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the advertised position. Please paste the letter into the “Resume and Motivation” section of the electronic application; Filled P11 form including past experience in similar projects and contact details of referees (blank form can be downloaded from http://europeandcis.undp.org/files/hrforms/P11_modified_for_SCs_and_ICs.doc ); please upload the P11 instead of your CV; Financial Proposal* – specifying a total lump sum amount in USD for the tasks specified in this announcement. The financial proposal shall include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (number of anticipated working days, travel, per diems and any other possible costs); Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure you have provided all requested materials. Please group all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document. *Please note that the financial proposal is all-inclusive and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant/contractor during the contract period (e.g. fee, health insurance, travel costs, vaccination and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services…). All envisaged travel costs must be included in the financial proposal. Payments will be made only upon confirmation of UNDP on delivering on the contract obligations in a satisfactory manner. Individual Consultants are responsible for ensuring they have vaccinations/inoculations when travelling to certain countries, as designated by the UN Medical Director. Consultants are also required to comply with the UN security directives set forth under dss.un.org General Terms and conditions as well as other related documents can be found under: http://on.undp.org/t7fJs. Qualified women and members of minorities are encouraged to apply. Due to large number of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER :
Last Date to Apply for this job 03.04.2015