United Nations Development Programme(UNDP) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of International Consultant through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.Sc can apply for the newrecruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the International Consultant Job on or before03.04.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||United Nations Development Programme(UNDP)|
|Vacancy Name||International Consultant|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||03.04.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Across India|
DETAIL OF UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP) INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT RECRUITMENT:
- Location : Home-based, with 3 missions to Podgorica, Montenegro
- Application Deadline : 03-Apr-15
- Type of Contract : Individual Contract
- Post Level : International Consultant
- Languages Required : English
- Duration of Initial Contract : Estimated April – October 2015
- Expected Duration of Assignment : Approximately 45 working days
- Background UNDP Montenegro and Ministry of Sustainable Development and Tourism are working jointly on preparation of the Montenegro’s First Biannual Update Report. Main goal of the project is to assist the country in mainstreaming and integrating climate change considerations into national and sectorial development policies by giving continuity to the institutional and technical capacity strengthening process, partly initiated and sustained by the National Communications. The immediate objective of the project is to assist the country in the preparation and submission of its First Biennial Update Report to the Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC for the fulfillment of its obligations to the Convention under Dec. 1/CP. 16 par. 60 and Dec 2/CP. 17 par. 41 and it’s Annex III. The Ministry of Sustainable Development and Tourism, as competent institution for the application of the UNFCCC at national level, acts as Implementing Entity/Responsible Partners of the Project. In addition to that, the national knowledge, concerns and awareness of the different stakeholders have been increased, in particular those from the government, non-government, private and academic sectors. Based on the National Communication experience, it is understood that the most effective way to address climate change, is to allow a real co-management of the issue, where all the above mentioned stakeholders are involved, in particular in relation to the design and implementation of the mitigation and adaptation actions, in the framework of pursuing the more wide objectives of sustainable development. The integration of the different sectors strengthens the institutional and technical capacity of the different stakeholders and institutions, not limited to a reduced group of experts and decision makers from the governmental institution where lies the responsibility for the fulfillment of the national obligations to the Convention. The Ministry of Sustainable Development and Tourism, through its Climate Change Unit performs a leadership and coordination role for the development of actions needed to fulfill the obligations to the Convention and its formal communication to the international community, acting in coordination with the other stakeholders, integrating climate change in the ongoing national activities for the achievement of results to be reported and communicated through the National Communications and Biennial Update Reports. Environment Protection Agency and National Statistical Office (MONSTAT), as well as relevant sectorial Ministries, such as the Ministry of Agriculture, Economy, play a key role in the elaboration of the National GHG Inventories, as they are responsible for the estimation of the respective sectorial emissions according to the IPCC guidelines and under the guidance and coordination of the Climate Change Unit. The project objective will be achieved through following set of activities: National circumstances and institutional arrangements relevant to the preparation of the national communications updated; GHG inventory for 2012-2013 prepared; Mitigation actions and their effects, including associated methodologies and assumptions, and progress of Implementation are described Constraints and gaps identified; related financial, technology and capacity building needs assessed; and recommendation for addressing the needs provided; Establishment of domestic Measurement, Reporting and Verification arrangements supported; Compilation, consolidation of information in tabular format and publication of the First Biennial Update Report. Taking into account that Czech Republic has extensive experience in preparation of National Communication to the UNFCCC (Sixth National Communication to the UNFCCC submitted in 2014), transfer of relevant Czech experience to Montenegrin institutions in relation to the mainstreaming and integrating climate change considerations into national and sectoral development policies, in concrete case of development of Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) system, is highly anticipated.
- Objectives of the assignment: The focus of this assignment shall be to propose the most appropriate country specific Conceptual Framework for Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) of Climate Change Mitigation Actions. The Conceptual Framework shall take into consideration relevant domestic legal and institutional systems and capacities, and will promote a cost-effective approach.
- Duties and Responsibilities Under the supervision of the Project Manager, and in close cooperation with the national MRV Consultant, the international MRV Consultant will undertake the following specific tasks: Familiarize with the Second National Communication on Climate Change and other key relevant strategic documents focused on mitigation of GHG emissions; Familiarize with the UNFCCC documents and guidelines relevant for MRV, as well as other relevant MRV guidelines applicable for non-Annex I countries; Assess the current national policy and regulatory frameworks with an aim to identify gaps as well as entry points for embedding domestic MRV system in accordance with the UNFCCC guidelines;Explore potential requirements for establishment of MRV in the context of the EU accession status of the country; Propose the most appropriate Conceptual Framework for Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) of Climate Change Mitigation Actions on national level, which will include the following: Collection of all relevant data, sources, and methodologies, including any models used for projections or extrapolation to the extent possible; Data processing and quality control model (s) i.e. roles and responsibilities of entities in charge for implementing, measuring, reporting and verifying mitigation actions in respective sectors; Performance indicators to measure progress in implementation of mitigation actions; Procedures for reporting and collecting performance indicator data; Propose Governance structure for the suggested MRV framework; Propose a pathway describing all steps for implementation of the Conceptual Framework, including responsible entities, a timeframe, and related costs to the extent possible; Identify and present several best practices in measurement, reporting and verification of climate change mitigation actions applicable for the country; Present the findings and recommendations from the proposed Conceptual Framework for Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) of Climate Change Mitigation Actions on a workshop; Other relevant to the tasks above, if necessary.
- Key Outputs: The MRV Consultant will be responsible for: Delivery of an introductory presentation on MRV of climate change mitigation actions in the first phase of implementation (together with the local consultant during the fact-finding mission; Producing a Conceptual Framework for Monitoring, Reporting and Verification of Climate Change Mitigation Actions (responding to the specific tasks outlined above); Pathway describing all steps for implementation of the Conceptual Framework, including responsible entities and a timeframe, and related costs to the extent possible; Deliver presentation on the findings and recommendations for the proposed Conceptual framework of the National MRV system on climate change on a workshop (together with national consultant during the second mission Output 1: Delivery of an introductory presentation on MRV of climate change mitigation actions in the first phase of implementation (together with the local consultant during the fact-finding mission (Deadline May 15, 2015; instalment 20% of total amount) Output 2 and 3:-Producing a Conceptual Framework for Monitoring, Reporting and Verification of Climate Change Mitigation Actions (responding to the specific tasks outlined above); -Pathway describing all steps for implementation of the Conceptual Framework, including responsible entities and a timeframe, and related costs to the extent possible (Deadline July 2015; instalment 50% of total amount) Output 4: Deliver presentation on the findings and recommendations for the proposed Conceptual framework of the National MRV system on climate change on a workshop (together with local consultant during the second mission (Deadline September 2015; instalment 30% of total amount)
- Timing and reporting:The Consultant will be engaged on short-term base (up to 45 working days) under the Individual Contract following the selection process of the best candidate. The selected Consultant will be responsible to deliver Conceptual Framework for Monitoring, Reporting and Verification of Climate Change Mitigation Actions as part of the FBUR. The assignment will require up to 3 mission to Podgorica, Montenegro with maximum duration of 4 days.
- Travel: The task will require 3 missions to Podgorica, Montenegro with max duration of the mission of 4 days.
- Competencies Corporate competencies: Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards; Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UN/UNDP; Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Functional competencies: Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting; Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback; Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude; Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills; Demonstrates ability to manage complexities and work under pressure, as well as conflict resolution skills. Capability to work effectively under deadline pressure and to take on a range of responsibilities; Ability to work in a team, good decision-making skills, communication and writing skills.
- Required Skills and Experience Education: University degree in the thematic areas relevant to the assignment (e.g. technical or environmental sciences); MSc. Will be considered as an asset; Experience: Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the fields relevant for the assignment (climate change); Preferably including development of monitoring and reporting mechanisms; Czech Republic´s experience in tackling climate change issues is required (reach out to relevant counterparts in the Czech Republic, previous cooperation experience), international experience will be an asset; Minimum 2 assignments as a Key Expert.
- Language skills: Fluency in English with excellent writing skills.
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP)- INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT POST:
- Candidates can apply on or before 03.04.2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
HOW TO APPLY FOR INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT VACANCY IN UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP):
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence
Qualified candidates are requested to apply online via this website. The application should contain: Cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the advertised position. Please paste the letter into the “Resume and Motivation” section of the electronic application; Filled P11 form including past experience in similar projects and contact details of referees (blank form can be downloaded from http://europeandcis.undp.org/files/hrforms/P11_modified_for_SCs_and_ICs.doc ); please upload the P11 instead of your CV; Financial Proposal* – specifying a total lump sum amount in USD for the tasks specified in this announcement. The financial proposal shall include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (number of anticipated working days, travel, per diems and any other possible costs); Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure you have provided all requested materials. Please group all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document. *Please note that the financial proposal is all-inclusive and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant/contractor during the contract period (e.g. fee, health insurance, vaccination and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services…). All envisaged travel costs must be included in the financial proposal. Payments will be made only upon confirmation of UNDP on delivering on the contract obligations in a satisfactory manner. Individual Consultants are responsible for ensuring they have vaccinations/inoculations when travelling to certain countries, as designated by the UN Medical Director. Consultants are also required to comply with the UN security directives set forth under dss.un.org General Terms and conditions as well as other related documents can be found under: http://on.undp.org/t7fJs Qualified women and members of minorities are encouraged to apply. Due to large number of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER :
Last Date to Apply for this job 03.04.2015