United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of National Consultant through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.A,M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the National Consultant Job on or before 30/03/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Vacancy Name||National Consultant|
|Educational Qualification||M.A/ M.Sc|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||30/03/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Across India|
DETAIL OF UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP) NATIONAL CONSULTANT RECRUITMENT:
- Project Title Country Programme Document (CPD) 2012-2016
- Background The UNDP Country Programme Document (CPD) 2012-2016 was approved by the Executive Board in September 2011. It defines three outcomes, which represent the anticipated development change to be achieved after a five-year period, at the end of 2016. Seychelles did not adopt the CPAP and opted for preparation of Project Documents with Annual Work Plans derived from the CPD outcomes. The Project Documents is the main programming monitoring instruments, detailing outcomes, outputs, with measurable annual targets, baselines and indicators. The CPD has three programme components and three outcomes. The three programme components are: i) MDGs and Poverty Reduction; ii) Democratic Governance and iii) Environment and Sustainable Development. Since the inception of the Country Programme, UNDP has conducted annual assessments of results through the ROAR (Results Oriented Annual Reports) against established CPD targets. Furthermore, several of the outputs (Projects) under the CPD underwent mid-term evaluations and one output conducted a terminal evaluation in 2013 (Governance). As a result of the review processes and in conjunction with national counterparts, annual targets and indicators at output level were revised and adjusted taking into account evolving national development priorities and context. December 2014 marked 3 years of implementation of the CPD- and the mid-point of the Country Programme now provides an opportunity to undertake a comprehensive review of UNDP contribution to development effectiveness.
- Corporate Competencies: Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UNs values and ethical standards; Advocates and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN; Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability; Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
- Functional Competencies: Operational effectiveness; Solid knowledge of financial and human resources management, contract, asset and procurement, information and communication technology, general administration; Ability to lead business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems (business Management and Leadership; Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback; Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude; Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills; Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities; Shows mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills.
- Education: Degree in social sciences, political science, economics and related fields with at least 3 progressive years working in a similar field.
- Experience: Knowledge and expertise on development aspect of the country especially on Government and Human Rights and Gender and Environment; Significant knowledge and extensive experience of complex evaluations in the field of development aid for UN agencies (Preferably UNDP) and/or other international organizations; Strong analytical and research skills with sufficient understanding of survey design, quantitative/qualitative methods and data analysis; Familiarity with UN (preferably UNDP) evaluation guidelines and processes is a plus; Excellent written and spoken English. Writing skills that include an attention to detail as well as a grasp of conceptual frameworks; Outstanding interpersonal skills, teamwork, and competency to operate in a multi-cultural and diverse environment.
- Language: Excellent written and spoken English.
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP)- NATIONAL CONSULTANT POST:
- Candidates can apply on or before 30/03/2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NATIONAL CONSULTANT VACANCY IN UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP):
Interested offeror is strongly advised to view the detailed Terms of Reference on the UNDP Mauritius website, general terms and conditions of IC and templates to be included when submitting offer from the CO website at http://www.mu.undp.org/content/mauritius_and_seychelles/en/home/operations/procurement/; Interested offerors above the age of 62: UNDP regulations require, at their own cost, to undergo a full medical examination including x-rays. Medical evaluation documentation does not need to be submitted with the other requested documents listed above, but will be requested should the candidate be chosen; Interested offeror is required to submit application via UNDP jobsite system, because the application screening and evaluation will be done through UNDP jobsite system; Please note that UNDP jobsite system allows only one uploading of application document ie at the time of the request to upload CV, so please make sure that you merge all your documents – CV, Covering Letter, P11, Technical and Financial submission – into a single file. Your on-line applications submission will be acknowledged where an email address has been provided. If you do not receive an e-mail acknowledgement within 24 hours of submission, your application may not have been received. In such cases, please resubmit the application, if necessary.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER :
Last Date to Apply for this job 30/03/2015