United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Technical Expert through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Master’s Degree can apply for the new recruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Technical Expert Job on or before 03/05/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Vacancy Name||Technical Expert|
|Educational Qualification||Any Masters Degree|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||03/05/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Across India|
Detail of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Technical Expert Recruitment:
Election Commission of India (ECI) has been managing a ‘free and fair’ electoral process that remains unparalleled in the world given the massive numbers, geographic spread and organisational logistics involved. This has also led to a demand for sharing of experiences and learning with other developing countries. Concerted efforts by ECI and other bodies have succeeded in increasing the voter participation, as witnessed in the last Parliamentary election and subsequent state legislative assembly elections. However, measures have to be taken up for further increasing the participation and involving all sections of the society for achieving further inclusive elections. UNDP in partnership with ECI is implementing a project “Supporting Democratic Electoral Management” for the cycle 2013-2017 with the broad outcome of “Promoting the exchange of knowledge and experiences in the field of election management and administration through ECI to other developing countries.” The Election Commission of India and its International Cooperation Division has constantly engaged itself and others in generating innovative ideas and practices to respond to the emerging challenges. This has been done through bilateral and multilateral cooperation in promoting participatory democracy and best practices in election administration, professional contact and exchange activities, study and observation missions and technical support and advice. There has been a visible movement of late in several parts of the world in the direction of election based democracy, and the ECI is increasingly being approached for sharing its skills and knowledge in election management.
- Location : Election Commission of India, New Delhi, INDIA
- Application Deadline : 03-May-15
- Additional Category Democratic Governance
- Type of Contract : Service Contract
- Post Level : SB-4
- Languages Required : English
- Duties and Responsibilities The Technical Expert (TE) would have the responsibility to assist in imparting training and capacity building for all stakeholders in Election Management process. This would include the following: Undertaking professional research, report writing, talking points, assessments, etc.; Coordinating and supporting the UNDP and ECI in facilitating the International delegations to ECI/India for study visits; Documenting international delegations visits, research on the international best practices for conducting and managing elections and come out with replicable and implementable ideas; Preparation of the detailed work plan and assessment outline regarding International Conferences/ Seminars etc.; Coordinating and collaborating with the International multi-lateral election organisations and election management bodies in fostering regional, sub-regional and bilateral co-operation in electoral field and execution of programmes; Assisting in capacity building, international training programmes, conferences, seminars and exposure visits; Liaisoning between the Election Commission of India and the institutions/organisations concerned for the sharing of experiences and learning with other countries/organisations; Any other responsibility assigned by ECI and UNDP.
- Education: Post graduate degree in International Relations, Political Science, International development, International Law, Mass Communication, Social Sciences, Public Relation or any related disciplines; Any additional qualification in electoral management / administration, development studies or management will be an advantage.
- Experience: Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience in the field of, diplomacy, International Relations, research, reporting and documentation; Have a good knowledge and working experience of International Diplomacy and prior experience working for International organizations; Good understanding of issues pertaining to democratic governance, electoral management and public policy; Good understanding of development and International issues i.e. gender, youth and participation etc.; Good understanding of the electoral process; Experience in writing reports/papers in English and Hindi; Experience as a team leader to handle International/Domestic delegation; Strong analytical skills and ability to conceptualize complex and multi-faceted aspects of an issue into a concise and clear-cut assessment conclusion; Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; Experience in participatory approaches involving a broad range of stakeholders; Previous work experience with government agencies, Embassies/ High Commissions would be an advantage; Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Language: Proficiency in spoken and written English; A good command over state specific language is an asset.
- Remuneration package is INR 136332/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance.
Selection Procedure for United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)- Technical Expert Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 03/05/2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Technical Expert Vacancy in United Nations Development Programme (UNDP):
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Last date to apply 03/05/2015
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 03/05/2015