United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Project Manager through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed B.Tech/ B.E can apply for the new recruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Project Manager on or before 29/04/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Vacancy Name||Project Manager|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Posts|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||29/04/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Across India|
Detail of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Project Manager Recruitment:
Indian Railways (IR), one of the largest rail networks in the world, is an energy intensive organization which utilized about 14.1 billion kWh electricity (about 2.4% of India’s total electricity consumed) in 2007-08. With traffic growth estimated at 8-9% in the next decade, projected electricity demand is estimated to grow at about 9%. Therefore, IR is developing a long-term Energy Efficiency and Conservation Program to reduce energy consumption and the emission of greenhouse gases by progressively introducing energy saving technologies and measures in both the traction and non-traction systems. United Nations Development Programme / Global Environment Facility (UNDP/GEF) is supporting a project titled “Energy Efficiency Improvements in Indian Railways System” being implemented by Ministry of Railways, Govt. of India. The proposed project aims at improving energy efficiency in the Indian Railways system (and thereby reducing GHG emissions) by removing some of the key barriers that prevent the wide adoption of energy efficiency technologies and measures in the IR system. Specifically, this project aims at achieving the stated objective by (1) institutional capacity development and technical training on EE, (2) implementation of proven EE technologies and measures to build capacity and confidence on EE; (3) pilot demonstration of EE technologies and measures to prove their applicability in the Indian environment; and (4) Information and knowledge sharing. The institutional framework in IR will be strengthened by establishing an EE ‘Centre of Excellence’ as a resource and service centre for IR’s zonal and other units, to institutionalize EE, create awareness among the IR staff and sensitize them on EE and propose appropriate EE technologies, and establish EE benchmarks. The details of the project can be seen at the link www.in.undp.org/content/india/en/home/operations/projects/environment_and_energy/improving_energyefficiencyintheindianrailwaysystem/ The Project is being executed by Project Management Unit (PMU) set up at IR. National Project Coordinator (NPC) is the head of PMU. Project Steering Committee (PSC) of the Project guides PMU from time to time. The proposed Project Manager is based at PMU and report to NPC and Head, EEU at UNDP.
- Essential: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University or Institute.
- Desirable: A Master degree in Energy management/Energy Conservation; In-depth knowledge of national policies related to promoting and implementing energy efficiency.
- Experience: Minimum 7 years’ experience in the area of energy conservation/efficiency which should include at least 3 years of project management experience; Work experience in interpreting national policies related to promoting and implementing energy efficiency; Experience in project management and project implementation and with monitoring tools such as Logical Framework Analysis; Energy auditing professional certification is desirable; Experience in Government Organisation/UN organization/Railways Sector preferred.
- Language: Fluency in spoken English and Hindi.
- Travel: Ability to travel at short notice.
- Remuneration package is INR 96,008/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which includes medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for the contract holder and encourages work life balance.
Selection Procedure for United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – Project Manager Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 29/04/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Project Manager Vacancy in United Nations Development Programme (UNDP):
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Last Date to apply : 29-Apr-15
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 29/04/2015.