VMware is hiring FRESHERS for Member of Technical Staff-Storage QE Engineer profile
Engineers interested in problem solving, developing testing tools, and hardware and software interoperability get to design automated tests to find bugs in our products or design plans to ensure that the products operate efficiently with all hardware and software systems.
They work with the latest hardware, software and devices to ensure that our software executes flawlessly. Our Storage team is seeking a QE Engineer who will be responsible for testing Storage virtualization products. You will work at conceptual and code level to create practical, cost effective solutions for product QE. You will work closely with development teams to participate in design reviews as well as coordinate the smooth integration of feature delivery into the product and help ship high quality VMware products. This requirement is primarily for a candidate with Java/related OO language automation experience.
Company Name: VMware
Position: Member of Technical Staff-Storage QE Engineer
Education: Masters degree
1. Devise strategies to test from MRD/PRD, product specification and develop automation test plan to cover various layers of storage subsystems and file systems.
2. Design, develop and execute your test code in a large scale test framework that test multi dimensional aspects of storage virtualization for VMware vSphere products.
3. Continuously apply innovation to delivery high quality products to customers.
4. Provide frequent reviews on product designs, product code base, test designs and test code.
5. Provide technical guidance, direction and mentorship to team members
6. Report product defects and following up to resolution
7. Test design, implementation, execution, debugging and automation using Java along with basic Windows and Linux system administration
1. Masters degree in Computer Science
2. Strong understanding of Windows/Linux operating systems/networking
3. Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Python, C++
4. Broad technical knowledge including:
5. Operating system fundamentals (task scheduling, memory management)
6. Familiarity with WSDL, SOAP, XML
7. Basic systems administration (installing and configuring operating systems and hardware)
8. Software development lifecycle
9. Good software engineering practices
10. Basic software design principles and understanding of OO design principles
11. Basic understanding of storage technologies (SCSI/ RAID/ FC/ iSCSI/ NAS/SAS) on various storage device
12. Excellent communication skills required
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We empower our customers by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Ranked on the Forbes 100 Most Innovative Companies in the World list.
How to Apply: