Company Name: West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC)
Position: Assistant Engineer (Civil) Recruitmant Exam 2013
Education: Degree (Civil Engg)
Experience: One year
Location: West Bengal
Details of Post :
Assistant Engineer (Civil) Recruitment Exam 2013
Applications in the prescribed format are invited from Indian citizens or such other nationals as are declared eligible by the Govt. of India for recruitment to the temporary post of Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Engineering Departments in the under mentioned services.
- WEST BENGAL SERVICE OF ENGINEERS UNDER PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT.
- WEST BENGAL SERVICE OF ENGINEERS (IRRIGATION) UNDER IRRIGATION AND WATERWAYS DEPARTMENT.
- WEST BENGAL PUBLIC HEALTH ENGINEERING SERVICE (CIVIL) UNDER PUBLIC HEALTH ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT.
- WEST BENGAL SERVICE OF ENGINEERS (MUNICIPAL ENGINEERING) UNDER MUNICIPAL AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT.
- WEST BENGAL SERVICE OF ENGINEERS (CIVIL) UNDER PANCHAYAT AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT.
Final merit list will be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination and interview. The Commission shall have the discretion to fix qualifying marks in the written examination, interview as also in the aggregate
- PAY : (PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-. Gross emoluments at the entry level : Rs.21,000/- besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules.
- NO. OF VACANCY : 185 [Unreserved – 45, SC – 63, ST – 40, BC(Category-A) – 24, BC(Category-B) – 02 and PH – 11 (VH–04, OH – 04 & HI–03)]
- QUALIFICATIONS :
- A degree in Civil Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent zualifications.
Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (Not required in the case of Nepali speaking candidates from the Hill areas of the District of Darjeeling).
- Desirable : One year’s Post-Graduate practical training or study or research or practical engineering experience.
- AGE : Not more than 32 years as on 01.01.2013 (i.e. born not earlier than the 2nd January, 1981), relaxable for those who have been in the employ of the Central or State Government or any Statutory body recognized for the purpose by government and who are not out of such employment for more than a year on 01.01.2013 upto the extent of actual period spent continuously in such employment.
FEE : Candidates must enclose with their applications a fee of Rs.210/- (Rupees Two Hundred and Ten) only by Indian Postal Order which must be purchased on a date after publication of this advertisement and crossed and endorsed to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal or by a receipted challan from a Govt. Treasury in West Bengal or the Reserve Bank of India, Kolkata under the head “0051-00-105-State PSC Examination fees-001-Examination fees-16 other fees”. The Postal Orders should be made payable at G.P.O., Kolkata. Money Order, Cheque, Bank Draft, Cash etc. WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. No application will be considered unless accompanied with the requisite application fees. SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with Disabilities (40% and above) are not required to pay any fee. No fee exemption is, however, available to BC candidates. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
HOW TO APPLY :
Applications along with (i) I.P.O./Treasury Challan, in original, for Rs.210/- Rupees Two Hundred Ten) only (not required for SC/ST candidates of .B. and Persons with Disability), (ii) One copy of recent passport size photograph signed by the candidate and pasted on the application (An identical copy of the photograph will be required for pasting on the Attendance Sheet to be sent by this office along with the Admit Card), (iii) Photocopies of certificates of age, prescribed educational qualification and other documents in support of the claim for having SC/ST/BC and Persons with Disabilities (40% and above) status from competent authority, if applicable, either attested by competent authority or self-attested and (iv) Two self-addressed unstamped envelopes may be submitted either personally between 11-00 a.m. & 3-30 p.m. on all working days at the Enquiry Counter of the Commission’s Office at 161-A, S.P. Mukherjee oad, Kolkata – 700 026 or strictly by registered or speed post addressed to the Deputy Secretary (Examination), Public Service Commission, West Bengal at the same address. The envelope containing application must be superscribed with (i) advertisement no. and (ii) the name of the xamination. Applications received after the closing date shall be rejected. The application form shall be filled in candidate’s own handwriting in blue/black ink and signed by him/her.
SUBMISSION OF MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. THE CANDIDATURE OF A CANDIDATE, WHO SUBMITS MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO THE EXAMINATION, WILL BE CANCELLED EVEN IF HE/SHE IS ADMITTED TO THE SAME.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 21/01/2014
How to Apply: