Company Name: West Bengal School Service Commission (WBSSC)
Position: West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WBTET)
Education: Any Degree/PG
Location: West Bengal
Details of Post :
West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WBTET):
It is hereby notified that the next TET examination for Class V to VIII, for pass graduate vacancies will be conducted on 9th March, 2014 by West Bengal Central School Service Commission.
- The Brochures, Forms & blank Admit Cards (to be filled in by the candidate concerned) will be available at 847 Post Offices all over the West Bengal. Kindly refer our Website namely www.westbengalssc.com or www.wbsschelpdesk.com for list of Post Offices where Forms & Brochures shall be available for TET applicants only from 30th January, 2014 to 8th February, 2014. Last date of filling application for TET will be 8th February, 2014 upto 5 PM at the respective Post Offices.
- However, the Brochures to be sold are purely guideline for the applicants. Hence, the same or any part thereof shall not be considered as part of prove of evidence at any Hon’ble court having jurisdiction to take cognizance over the issue of selection process conducted by the West Bengal Central School Service Commission.
- Only this notice and the Rule & Govt. order relevant to the selection process and criteria thereof may be raised at competent court for grievance or dispute if any, of person entitled to take resort such course of Law.
- TET will be conducted by West Bengal Central School Service Commission for the Pass Graduate Teacher strictly following NCTE guideline in this regard and West Bengal School Service Commission Rule, 2007 along with amendment if any, in the said Rule upto 31st March, 2014.
- In our Brochures at Part-B (Mode of Selection) it has been mentioned that Hons/PG Teachers, who wish to teach upto Class V to VIII shall have to be TET qualified and also have to sit RLST Examination to be conducted after publication of TET result is subject to modifications as per order of the School Education Department, Govt. of West Bengal
- Approximate vacancy for Pass Graduate Teacher (Class V to VIII) 4900 as on date throughout the state. However, this may increase, as vacancies which will be received by WBCSSC at the time of publication of result shall also be considered for this TET.
- Subject wise and category wise vacancy of TET is being published at our website along with this Public Notice.
- RLST vacancies of 13th RLST will be published in the month of April, 2014 at the time of Public Notice for the same.
Selection Procedure (distribution of marks) for Hons./Post Graduate teachers:
- For Hons/PG vacancies minimum qualification as stipulated by NCTE is not mandatory. Hence, candidates having qualification as per West Bengal School Service Commission Rule 2007 will be selected as per the mode mentioned in the box below:
- Subject Test 60 marks
- Academic qualification including Professional qualification or as on last date of Application 30 marks
- Experience in Teaching 5 marks
- Personality Test 5 marks
- This is, however, subject to modification in West Bengal School Service Commission Rule 2007 with amendment upto the publication of available vacancies considered for next RLST for Assistant Teacher of Hons./PG vacancies for the classes IX to XII to be conducted by West Bengal School Service Commission.
- Date of notice of next i.e. 13th RLST (AT) 2013 may be published by the West Bengal School Service Commission during the month of April 2014 and selection will be done according to said Rule and Notice to be published as stated above.
- Question of 13th RLST (AT) examination may be subjective/objective as per discretion of the Commission or following relevant Govt. Order/Rule.
- During 30th January, 2014 to 8th February, 2014, candidates who has minimum 50% marks at Graduation or Master Degree level of examination will be allowed to purchase Form & Brochures from Post Offices & to deposit the filled in OMR Form (for TET only) applications at the same Post Office from where the Form were purchased. However, relaxation of @ 5% marks for Reserve categories applicants will be allowed to sit TET examination as per Rule/Tradition in vogue. No candidates shall be allowed to submit filled in OMR Form application in any other Post Offices except the Post Office from where the same were purchased
- For TET: General/OBC candidates – Rs. 250/- , SC/ST/PH candidates – Rs. 80/-, Candidate not qualified in Part-II at 12th RLST (AT) having minimum qualification of NCTE guideline – Rs. 00/- (No fees required) Provided if any qualified candidate of Paper II of 12th RLST submit application of TET without fees, then, his/her application shall be rejected.
- For 13th RLST (AT) : General/OBC candidates – Rs. 250/- , SC/ST/PH candidates – Rs. 80/-
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 08/02/2014
How to Apply: